Saturday, February 03, 2007

Salsa, looming large on the horizon

JCB dragged me out to 720 the other week, I forgot to write about this. 720 is a huge club downtown, it's 5 levels, with a different stle of music on every level. He knows this website where you can register to get on the guest list for free. There are even salsa lessons and open bar til 11. The place was really loud. I hadn't done any approaches in a while, and I wound up doing I think 2 sets that night. One was this new opener - not really an opener, just an idea I had where I would pretend like I was Vince Vaughn in Swingers. So I walk up to this 2 set of latina chicks and act in this really exaggerated hip guy persona:

(pointing to JCB) Hey. See this guy? That's the guy *behind the guy*.
(they nod their heads)
JCB steps in, and proceeds to do his thing, whatever that is.
Every once in a while I interject with a or a 'you're money', then walk away.

So that wasn't really a full approach, more of an assist and a experiment in trying out the persona of Vince Vaughn.

I also do a half assed one on this short hair hottie, I think I started with 'Do you know where the Darkroom is?' then segued into 'you see this guy? he's the guy behind the guy blah blah blah' then 'can you help me learn these salsa moves?' She giggled a few times but it was really half assed, plus I was way drunk.

This was a couple of weeks ago. That club is worth trying again. It is a little different type of sarging environment because it gets so loud after a certain time that you can't talk, so you have to dance. I have to get used to this new non-verbal type of sarging. This one dude Jack we met at the club was basically just grinding on girls and spinning them around on the dance floor - he's also a semi decent dancer, I think it also helped that he was drunk off his gourd. JCB and this dude Jack knew how to work it - they would really work the kino on the dance floor. You better know how to dance at that place - it's all about the latinas and being a smooth dancer. Needless to say, I'm a shitty dancer. JCB has taken some salsa lessons in the past. I may go there early next time to sit in on these free salsa lessons they give at around 10, before the place gets really crowded. Did i mention they have open bar til 11? Nice. JCB tried gaming a two set - fat and ugly chick and an ok looking but really slutty chick. The slutty chick didn't like him, but the fat one did. He was so frustrated that he wanted to leave early. The next week he tells me he went back, and met some woman who just got divorced from her husband and was from out of town, and he went back to her friend's place and sexxed her. I wouldn't be surprised if JCB has some type of venereal disease by now.

252 approaches

No comments: