Monday, February 05, 2007

Indie Rock Sluts

Unfortunately we did not meet any indie rock sluts the night me and Linux1 went to see my ex roommate Jennifer play this club called the Beat Kitchen, but I did do one approach - and I got another # close. She seemed like a nice girl and not at all slutty.

Jennifer is a singer songwriter / rocker who I lived with for a number of years back when I lived in NYC. She has since gone on to great success and has procured a major label record contract. She seems to be really gaining in popularity - she's received positive reviews in the Village Voice, NYTimes, Pitchfork, and a bunch of other industry mags. Whenever Jennifer comes to visit, the indie rock is always in full effect. Jennifer is always on tour these days, or recording a new album or something. We sat around my apartment and she showed me her iPhoto albums - I was like 'holy shit' while she showed me pictures of her in the studio with Yo La Tengo and Spoon, and partying on Tour with Destroyer and the Shins. She's really made it, at least from my perspective. I'm really proud of her.

Jen was opening for this band called the Kevin Devine group. She introduced me to the band, they seemed like cool guys. Linux1 and his friend left early but I wound up hanging out with the bands after the show and having a few beers. We tried to get into Schubas but it was late and the club was full so they weren't anybody else in.

The approach was cool, I basically used the 'hey what do you think of that band? that's my ex roommate' approach. I think I even used 'hey this song is about me'. Later, Jen told me that she saw the girls I was talking to, and they couldn't have been older than 21. Great, even I don't stoop that low.

Jen slept at my house and left around noon the next day. She took her Madonna box set and her jacket that I had been keeping all these years. They're hers, anyways.

253 approaches

No comments: