Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Nausea, party, girls

I'm going to stop referring to her as HBOldFlame now, I'm just going to go back to calling her HBFrenchGirl. After last weekend I feel like I am back in with her, and she is now another plate that I am spinning.

On Saturday night I was supposed to go to the birthday party of these people I know from work. I had asked HBFrenchGirl to go - she called me up Saturday morning about it, I sent her the address of the party in an email, and told her to call me later on if she wanted to go. I was supposed to meet up with Linux1 and Linux2 for dinner at this place in Andersonville at 8:00, but things got messed up and they wound up meeting at this bar first and joining me at the restaurant a few minutes later. It was still fairly cold out, so I sat at the bar and drank coffee - I called HBPhoneSex and talked to her for a while about stuff going on in her life. She started flirting and getting slightly jealous that I was going to a party later on that night. I don't really have much interest in this girl, and I wasn't going to invite her to go, anyways I had asked her to do something the night before and she gave me some lousy excuse why she couldn't leave because someone was having a christening or something like that.

Out of all the plates, I am least attracted to HBPhoneSex, but she is the one I get along with the best on a personal level. Typical. We still have not met in person, I'm not too worried about it. I just want to keep her around to keep me occupied and maybe as a possible booty call, you know like 'in case of fire break glass'.

Anyways, we have dinner at this Mediterrenean restaurant in Andersonville - and here's where the night starts to get a little messed up. Earlier on in the day I went to the gym and they had this vending machine with protein shakes there. So I decide to have one, as I've always been interested. Anyways, that night after eating I start feeling a little bit gassy. The gassy-ness and a slight feeling of nausea increase when we get to the party it's loud and crowded and I'm also a little depressed that HBFrenchGirl decided apparently not to go, since she has not called me to tell me she was going and where to meet, etc. So I run to my car, and drive home. I'm desperately in need of some Rolaids or Tums at this point. So I go home, and lay down for a while. That Mediterrenean food is pretty hardcore. I'm in bed about to go to fall asleep when I get a call on the phone.

It turns out that HBFrenchGirl and her sister decided to go to the party after all, without calling me ahead of time. They just walked into the people's apartment, and were walking around the party, asking people if they had seen me. Apparently they ran into one of my friends and he told them that I had gone home.

So I put my clothes back on and go back to the party. We hang at the party for a while, I make sure that I am Mr. Social that night, going around making smalltalk with people and not lingering on my two guests. They seem to have a pretty good time. They tell me that 'I'm the coolest guy at the party', and I also notice that the two sisters going around the party asking for me has given me a lot of social proof. HBFrenchGirl is looking cute as always, maybe a little older looking, but that might be due to the fact that it's cold and windy out. We hang out at the party for a while, then I take them back to my apartment and we hang out til like 4 in the morning, talking, ordering food, and then later we watch a movie and they fall asleep on my couch. I am kinoing HBFrenchGirl a lot, and I really want to sexx her, but I feel a little uncomfortable going for it with her sister sitting next to me.

Anyways, when we part ways they tell me that they had a great time and want to get together again soon. The sister called me up yesterday and asked me if I could set up a double date with one of my friends. The problem is - I don't know how to put this delicately - I'm not sure any of my friends would find her attractive. I'm an asshole but I also wouldn't want to put any of my friends in that position. I like the sister a lot, she's a really nice person - but I'm not sure any of my friends would be willing to look past the surface. So that's my problem. The two sisters want to go out again, but they want to go out on a double date and want me to hook the sister up with one of my friends. Meanwhile, I just want to go out with HBFrenchGirl. I have not called HBFrenchGirl yet, although her sister has called me. I'm not sure how to handle this. What I will probably do is not call them, and wait for them to call me, hopefully HBFrenchGirl will call me and I can invite her to come over alone for a booty call.

On Sunday afternoon I took my parents and little brother out to dinner, and helped my other brother move a table from his apartment. My family situation is almost back to normal again. I have a lot of work to do on my career. I'm not sure what's going on with this girl, or any of my friends. That part of my life seems always seems so unstable. I'm just going to play it by ear and try to have fun at this point. I think somewhere along the line I lost the burning desire to find 'the one' and settle down into a committed relationship. Really the only time I really feel like I need a girlfriend is around the holidays, next year I will just set myself up with a decent girl like AHBRussianGirl to keep me company over the holidays, but other than that, being single is a much better way to live your life I think. it's much more exciting not knowing what's going to happen next.

1 comment:

Reverend K said...

Sure would like to have some closure as to why you just disappeared on JD and me. I can't think of what happened. Thought it might be temporary, but no. What the fuck? Are you too scared to say what's up?