Monday, February 12, 2007

Money, again, 30 Days to Success

I've decided to try Steve Pavlina's 30 Days to Success plan, to establish the habit of keeping my financial affairs organized. I noticed Resilient and several people on the Steve Pavlina forums have gotten positive results out of it. I have to get my finances in order, it's just been making my life miserable for a long time now.

The people on the Steve Pavlina forums typically take on several challenges over the 30 day period. I only have one challenge for the next 30 days, but Lord knows it's an important one. I think it is something that will profoundly affect every other part my life. I have been working at it for several months now, but everytime I make some headway with getting this part of my life in order, I start slacking again.

I want to keep it simple. Starting 2/12/07, I will spend at least an hour a day taking some action related to improving my financial situation. This action cannot be reading or planning.


Those of you who know me, know that money is my weakness in life. I just have been unable up to this point in my life to live a responsible financial life. As a result, I am constantly stressed out about bills that seemingly pop out of nowhere, and I'm plagued by undefined anxieties that I am not saving enough for the future. It is time to face the reality of my existence, and begin to live consciously.

You can't solve the most difficult problems of your life until you fully understand them. You have to drag your problems out into the light, acknowledge them, then come up with a plan to handle them.


I will be blogging about my progress of course. More to come.

No comments: