Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Wing Who Could Not Wing

This is for 'The Style Life Challenge' day 8. Assignment is to approach 5 times using a canned opener from the list generated by the challenge participants.


Date: July 8, 2006

Location: Bookstore, Uptown, Chicago, IL

Solo Sarge


What I thought would be an easy warm up set, turned out pretty crappy. Huge biatch shield on this one, especially for an HB6 at best. Possible lesbo. I approach an HB6 black girl sitting on a couch reading magazines and ask her if she's read any good books lately. That was supposed to be a sort of 'pre opener' leading to fluff talk, leading to me delivering a canned opener. She gives me a biatch look and points to the stack of books next to her, then ignores me. I persist. She gives me one word answers to my questions. I detach. Whatever biatch. You're just another brick in my palace.


Date: July 8, 2006

Location: Heavy metal rock festival + Nightclub, Wrigleyville, Chicago, IL

Players: me + 2 wings


Another night out sarging. I'm becoming comfortable approaching during club game. We're out last night at the Cabaret Metro, which is a big concert venue in Chicago. We're here for the Emergenza festival, sort of a rock festival for up and coming metal bands. One of the sets took place at this nightclub called 'Smart Bar', which is attached to the Metro - if you buy tickets to a concert at the Metro like we did, you can come and go at will to this nightclub.

This venue was filled *to the brim* with hot hot hot rock and roll HB's, which was a shame because it actually turned out to be a horrible place to sarge - too loud, couldn't hear what anybody was saying, too dark, people were too preoccupied looking at the stage, hot and sweaty atmosphere, so I looked like sh*t too. I'm just there to rack up my approaches anyways.

APPROACH 1:
I yell something out to a group of HB's in line for drinks/food. I think I asked them what type of wine they were drinking. They totally ignored me and kept walking.

APPROACH 2:
I am out clubbing again with the **** blocking wing who cut into a really good set last time and started gaming my target. I approached a 2 set of HB8.5's, blonde and brunette, and lay the 'Can I get your opinion on something? My friends and I were having a debate and I was wondering if I could get your help? If you could work at a job you found fascinating, or another job that you found boring but paid twice as much, which would you take and why?' opener on them. I am in the middle of a2, vibing them, looking for openings to neg and dhv, when my wing cuts in and *stands in front of me and the targets* and starts giving them the 'best friends test'.

I hit the roof - this guy ruined two really good sets for me the last time we went out. He is in the middle of giving them the 'core values' test when I pull him aside and give him a big lecture about 'wingman rules'. He apologizes profusely but by that point the set is blown.

APPROACH 3:
We're at the nightclub, on the dance floor. My wing is trying to give me dancing lessons, we look really funny I bet. I notice an HB7 brunette sullen chick standing off to the side and try to open her with the jealous girlfriend 2 part opener.

me: Hi- can I get a quick opinion on something?
HB7: yeh
me: I'm trying to give my other friend advice on a relationship issue, I'm not really qualified to give advice in this area since I'm a guy - I was wondering if I could ask your help?
HB7: I'm the wrong person to ask for help.
me: My friend is going out with this girl, she's a bit of the jealous type. My friend is still friends with his ex, he talks to her still, and now his girlfriend is telling him he can't talk to his ex anymore.
HB7: Like I told you, I'm the wrong person to ask about relationships. I was with this guy for 2 years and he totally f*cked me over.
(I try to neg her here - sort of a weak neg. I do the 'hey you got something on your face' one.)

I should have transitioned to another opener here, but instead I run the jealous girlfriend 2 part opener into the ground here. I ask her a whole bunch of questions about how her ex f*cked her over and why. She winds up getting really sullen and bitter - I realize that she arrived there with a group of people standing off to our side and that the guy who f*cked her over is probably in that group. I have ruined the mood - brought her down instead of bringing her up. She is angry and sullen now, I detach. My first use of negs, still lousy at it though. No CF, body language and voice projection were weak. Loud clubs will continue to daunt me unless I take care of the voice projection thing.


Date: July 8, 2006

Location: All night diner, Wrigleyville, Chicago, IL

Players: me + wing


Me and my buddy are eating at this all night diner, talking about how the metal concert was a lousy place to approach, and discussing game. I have to get one more approach for the style life challenge, so I turn to an HB7 blonde that is getting up from the table next to us and open her with 'flossing - before or after you brush?' She laughs, so does the rest of her table. I did not persist because at that point in the night I was mentally wiped out.

No comments: