Thursday, July 20, 2006

Gaming a cop, more hardcore street sarges

Date: June 30, 2006

Location: Hyde Park, Chicago, IL

Solo Sarge


I tried to open a female cop. She was short and stocky, I couldn't see her face very well due to her hat and her dark glasses, but her booty was looking solid. Brunette, about a 7 from what I could tell. Pretty good for a female in her profession. I spotted her behind me in line at the gas station. I figured what the heck.

me: So you guys gonna be busy this weekend?
HBcop: (eyes me warily, like a coiled jungle cat) um, yeah.
me: You going to be working the Taste of Chicago?
HBcop: no.
me: I went last year, that was crazy.
HBcop: Yeah, I try to stay away from there.
me: There were so many people last year, it took forever to walk anywhere.
HBcop: I haven't gone there in years.
me: So you work mainly around here?
HBcop: Yeah Hyde Park mainly. Campus.
...

Set lasted 2 mins max. It's my turn to pay. She goes back into hardass mode. I pussed out and didn't try to close her or anything. Was I really going to ask a cop for her phone number? I guess I could have, but it's a little more intimidating when the target is packing a .357 magnum.

Work on:
SBAP. This wasn't a serious set, but just on principle. SBAP.


Date: June 30, 2006

Location: Ukranian Village, Chicago, IL

Solo Sarge


I'm walking down the street looking for this wine bar where my wine class is being held. I walk past this HB8 short hair blonde girl walking her dog, this huge mean looking thing. I make some EC and smile. She says 'hi' to me first, I say hi back and it's on.

HB8 w dog: hi
me: hi
...
me: Cool dog.
HB8: Thanks.
me: What kind of dog?
HB8: Boxer pit bull mix.
me: Oh cool.
HB8: (dog pulls her around) whoa.
me: hehe strong dog.
HB8: Yeah. He's a sweet heart though.
(dog growls at me)
me: I'll take your word for it.
HB8: He's a sweetheart.
me: So where did you get it?
HB8: Oh I got it from the humane society?
me: Really - I heard that when you get dogs from the humane society sometimes they have psychological or health problems.
HB8: Yeah I heard that, but we haven't had any problems...

-really long set ensues. About 10 minutes. We talked about: dogs, pit bulls, how pit bulls and rots aren't allowed in my apartment building, how much exercise her dog requires, the difference between Ukranian Village and Wicker Park, different places in the city she's lived, restaurants in the area, all kinds of crap. I did 'body rock', and 'time constraints' for the first time ever - 'well I gotta get going soon, late for my class'. I tried to play it off like I was lost too, I don't know why I keep doing the 'excuse me do you know how to get to?' routine.

So I decide to SBAP (stop. being. a. *****.) - and try to close.

me: So, you wanna get some coffee sometime?
HB8: (smiles widely) nah, I don't even like coffee.
(as if it's even about coffee, whatever)
me: Ok. Have a good day.
HB8: bye.
me: bye.

Key points:
Convo was good, some nervous body language but I did manage to position my body so I wasn't directly facing her. Starting to get the nervousness under control.

Work on:
I thought I was getting IOI's from this one, she definitely said hi first and gave me a lot of EC and smiling. Maybe she is living with someone, who knows. I would have done the 'can I play with your dog routine' except her dog was a vicious looking pit bull who was growling at me the whole time. I didn't use a canned opener, should've. I didn't neg, I have a difficult time working negs into the conversation. No C+F. Maybe if I worked it a little more I could have got the close. Closing on the street is tough to work into the convo smoothly.


Date: July 2, 2006

Location: Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL

Solo Sarge


Aborted, badly planned cold street approach. I should really get my directions straight before attempting the 'excuse me can you tell me how to get to?' routine.

I'm walking to this restaurant and a very hot and milfy HB9 artsy chick, scantily dressed in leopard print, is walking towards me. Step one foot back, put on my casual face, and open.

me: hi
HB9 milf: hi
me: Do you know this place Argo Tea?
HB9: No, never heard of it.
me: yeah I've been walking around looking for it for 20 minutes.
HB9: What street is it on?
me: It's on Armitage. Do you know how to get to Armitage?
HB9: um, we're on Armitage.
me: (looks up) well I'll be.

-I thank her and abort. I look like an idiot. Have to plan this **** out better. She didn't seem very friendly anyways.

No comments: