Saturday, July 29, 2006

Crap night @ Wicker Park

Date: July 21, 2006

Location: Wicker Park, Chicago, IL

Players: me + 1 wing

Well the best thing that has come out of the challenge for me is that AA is now totally gone. Last night I went out to the hottest clubs in town and opened up total HB10s. I did not succeed in getting a number close though - in fact, I encountered major bitch shields for the first time in my approaching career (I now have about 75 approaches under my belt). These women were vicious. I forced myself to open six sets in 2 hrs - when we left I felt like I had just left a war zone.

Me and my wing critiqued our approaches that night. He told me that I knew my material cold, that I am fearless in approaching, but my voice is monotone and my delivery lacks energy.

He's right. Night game is still relatively new to me. I have done night game a total of 4 times since I started counting my approaches. I am still getting used to the higher bitch shields, all the dudes, and adjusting my voice projection to the loud club environment.

More than anything I think I am just emotionally drained from approaching. I don't even care anymore what they think of me or if I even succeed in closing, it's just a blur at this point - I just want to finish the day's assignments. The past few days it has started to seem a little bit like a chore to approach. I hope the enjoyment comes back because that is the only way I'm going to be in the positive, energetic state necessary to have a successful approach.



APPROACH 1:
3 set of HB10s - brunette and 2 asians - they cut me off right at the opener with 'um sorry we're lesbians' then they laughed. I thanked them and ejected. Probably not as bad as some people have experienced, but so far the most brutal blow out I've yet to encounter.

APPROACH 2:
I approach a 5 set of HB6/7/8 blondes/brunette whatever sorostitute types at another bar. I wind up focusing in on this one with wavy hair. I go into Village People - which was not working for me last night at all. I try to neg her about her hair or something, I seed, but she is just rolling her eyes and trying to pass me off to her friend. I eject.

APPROACH 3:
I approach an HB8 brunette cutie at a tequila bar. Village People opener, neg about her bag, seed, try to segue into dhv, but she cuts me of and literally flees to the other side of the room. Village People really came off like a canned line last night, especially with my energy level so low - it's just not congruent. I found out that this girl was a bartender that just got off work, maybe she was just tired and was sick of guys hitting on her.

APPROACH 4:
I approach some chick in glasses - HB6 at best. Huge bitch shield and patronizing attitude especially for someone I wasn't even that attracted to. Village People - again, not working for me - neg about glasses, try to segue into dhv but I get the 'I've gotta go' attitude.

APPROACH 5:
Approach HB10s on the street. I say hi loud enough to hear, but they just keep on walking

APPROACH 6:
Approach redhead HB7 and brunette HB7 at bar. Village People, this actually hooks, it turns into a 20 min conversation with a few other people joining in. My original target was the redhead - who was playing some video trivia game. I try to open her and she gets mad at me - 'you have to ask me that while I'm playing this game?' then she walks away. So I continue my game on the brunette. Turns out that some quiet dude that was sitting closeby was her boyfriend. When we find this out, me and my wing eject.

76/250

No comments: