Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Chicago Lair + Wrigleyville Approach Festival

Date: July 27, 2006

Location: Wrigleyville, Chicago, IL

Players: me + 2 wings

On Thursday I met two members of the Chicago lair at a cafe in Wrigleyville. We had coffee outside and discussed the game. These people were very different but already seem to me like they will become significant in some way in the future. It was a really great night. The month of July, and the Stylelife Challenge has really changed my life in a very positive way.

One guy had to go to a previous social engagement, and couldn't hang out with us the rest of the night. He and I made plans to sarge together the following night. The other guy and I walked around Wrigleyville for the next 4 hours and proceeded to sarge the town clean. It was a really fun time, especially after four days off and not approaching anything. I feel positive about being in the game again, like my efforts are paying off - I'm really changing my life for the better, my game is getting better, I'm making new friends, and I'm enjoying myself for a change.

Everything from the last couple of days is a blur. I'll try to remember the 14 approaches we did this night.

APPROACH 1:
Street set, 3 girls 1 guy, girls were 6's at best, hipsters. We were using Lance's idea of opening people on the street before you get to the bar to get warmed up. Situational opener, I ask them if they know where a good martini bar is because we had a friend coming into town that night who liked martinis. Some vibing, etc.

APPROACH 2:
3 set of HB college girls in workout clothes. I give them the 'thug lovin' opener. Their moms come out of nowhere and pull them away. The girls have amused looks on their faces, their moms are looking at me like I'm a crazy man.

APPROACH 3:
3 set of HB8 hipster girls outside of movie festival where there's a film festival. I use a pre-opener of 'how much is it to get in to the festival', 'is it going to be cool?' etc. Then me and wing go into Village People opener. Some tc, dq, then wing pulls me away. He tells me they are really young, frosh year in college max. I can't tell anymore.

APPROACH 4:
6-7 set, mixed ages, maybe there were a couple of HB's in there. I ask them where a good martini bar is for our friend from out of town. They direct us to a bar down the street, we go wandering in that direction.

APPROACH 5:
We hit the bar. I open up a table of 4 HB's, best one was a 9 blonde. I hit them with Village People. This was a good set but I eject due to my debilitating fear of rejection/success/whatever.

APPROACH 6:
I think I stopped a couple of HB's walking by and hit them with Village People, I can't remember.

APPROACH 7:
I stop a couple of Latinas.With.Attitude. and hit them with Village People. This is a lousy opener, I tend to break into it when I can't think of what to say. I have to remember not to use this opener, it's just horrible. Learned an important lesson about latinas: way too much attitude relative to hotness.

APPROACH 8:
I hit up a really really drunk asian chica and ask her about my friend's romantic predicament - my wing just told his gf he loved her and now she won't return his calls. This chick is vibing with us for a minute them gets engrossed in a convo with her friends. Bar is crowded, we eject.

APPROACH 9 - 13:
A blur to me. I can't remember these.

APPROACH 14:
We sit at a table, 3 mediocre HB's sit down and give us all kinds of attitude. I get into a disagreement with the 'birthday girl'. Total bitches, disgruntled aging mediocre chicks. God I am really sick of mediocre chicks with attitude.

90/250

No comments: