Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wine Tasting Class + Good Club Sarge Finally

This is for 'The Style Life Challenge' day 7. Assignment is to approach 5 times using a canned opener from the list generated by the challenge participants.


Date: July 7, 2006

Location: Cafe, Wicker Park, Chicago, IL

Solo Sarge


I am at my wine tasting class. The class is done, and the group is mingling and about to leave. On the way out I ask the group - mixed group of 7 people, including 4 girls, only one of which is even close to being an HB. I don't know these people.

me: Guys, I just wanted to get your opinion real quick. Me and my friends were having a debate and I just wanted to get your help?

...

me: Dogs or cats - which makes better pets and why?

This leads to more discussion, we wind up fluffing for a few extra minutes.


-------


Date: July 7, 2006

Location: Various bars and clubs, Wicker Park, Chicago, IL

Players: me + 1 wing


Summary of a night out clubbing with my buddy, an rAFC.

I'm finally approaching at the bars, and using canned openers too. I am so into this stylelife challenge thing, that I forced myself to approach even though I am still pretty intimidated by the bars, to make it easier on myself I didn't put any pressure on myself to try to close - although at least a couple of them were pretty damn good sets and definitely closeable. I know, SBAP. I have this huge block when it comes to club game so I was just trying to overcome my AA at the bars.

APPROACH 1:
I'm at this wireless coffee shop/bar type place, waiting for my wing, when I open this HB8 brunette chick who was sitting next to me reading, with 'Hi, can you watch my laptop please? I have to go to the bathroom (pause) don't steal it!!!(wink)" After that, she loved me. Lots of EC, I wait a few minutes and try the 2 part jealous girlfriend opener on her. This girl is pretty cute, she is hooked. We vibe on the opener for a while, but I am not able to transition into a2 with either a neg or dhv. Later on I get a lot of smiles and EC, but my friend is there asking me about stuff on my laptop. She winds up leaving and saying bye to me before she leaves. I liked this girl a lot, so cute. I'm going to regret not being able to transition to a2 with this girl - I think a part of me is too nice, making it hard for me to neg. I did dhv by letting slip various details about my job and condo, though, during my convo with my friend. I felt really energized after this though - my first approach at a bar.

APPROACH 2:
We're walking to a bar down the street and a Jewish looking HB7 cutie is getting out of her car. She looks at me and says 'hi'. So I go in for the kill. I open her with the 'career opportunities' opener:

me: Hi. Can I get a quick opinion on something?
...
me: My friends and I were having a debate, and I was wondering if I could get your help. If you could work at a job that you find really fascinating, or another job that you find boring, which would you choose and why?

We actually wind up walking down the street with her and her friends for a few blocks, I am vibing her about jobs (she's in pharmaceutical sales and is a realtor part time) and the real estate market, which I'm actually quite interested in. My friend's jaw is on the floor, he can't believe my game.

Here is where I am a ***** though: We arrive at our destination. It is the bar that I avoid since I have had my worst night sarge night at this bar, it is a real meat market, real crowded and loud with a lot of AMOG's. I decide not to go into this bar with her, and tell her we were supposed to meet our friends down the street, even though she wanted us to go in the bar with her. We detach. I did not neg, but I was CF with her. Definitely vibing this girl, I don't know why I have such a complex about this one bar - I told my friend one of these nights we should go to this bar and stay there until we have at least 10 approaches. I have to get over my superstition about this bar, as it is filled with babes usually. Really good voice, body language, dhv's with this girl though.

APPROACH 3:
I stopped a 2 set of HB8 blondes on the street and ask them 'Hi can I get a quick opinion on something? Flossing - before or after you brush?'. They were walking the opposite way, and we were at a crowded cross street, not much to note about this one.

APPROACH 4:
I approach a 3 set of extremely hot sorostitute types - HB9s all the way - 2 blondes and an asian. I open with 'Flossing - before or after you brush'. Hottest girls of the night, they even hooked - they asked me and my wing where the cool bars are. Unable to transition into a2 with them - mental note to get my negs and dhv's ready, it's really hard to think of them on the spot.

No comments: