Sunday, July 30, 2006

Getting Things Done + todotxt

I'm going to start a .txt archive of all the todo lists I create, as well as a 'weekly review' of my progress of life goals. I'm also going to use a command line app called todo.txt

I got this concept from Getting Things Done by David Allen, recommended by Style. Every week review your purpose, top 5 priorities, and the current status of these areas of your life. It's a really great book, I intend to put a lot of it into practice in my life.

07/30/06
My purpose:
To continue growing in all areas of my life so that I eventually become a self actualized individual. Develop this.

My top 5 priorities in order:
1. My career, education and finances
I want to be a rich, professionally fulfilled CIO. I want to be an expert in my field. I want to have all of my material desires fulfilled, and the financial resources to pursue anything I set my mind to. I want to have a side project programming multimedia applications in objective c. I want to be a well educated, cultured individual who can talk intelligently about any subject.

Career is holding steady but not exactly spectacular at the moment. I am doing an adequate job at work, need to turn it up a notch. I am improving, just have to stay focused in terms of performance on the job.
Education is lousy at the moment. I have to get nu straightened out. Action should be taken on this in the next two weeks.
Finances are the area I need the most improvement in. I will spend a lot of time focusing on finances this week.

2. Dating attractive women
I want to have beautiful, loving women in my life, and regular sex.

I am doing as much as I can in this area, as previously this area needed more work than my finances. I am making a lot of progress, this week I was only held back by finances. Continue with sarging, research, and inner game work.

3. Friends and family
I want to have a vibrant social life filled with fascinating friends who treat me with love and respect. I want to be able to be treated with love and respect by my family.

I have been making a lot of friends lately. Social life is really improving. Looking forward to future growth in this area.
Some contact with family this week, this is adequate for now.

4. Guitar playing, writing music
I want to be a skilled, creative and competent musician. I want to eventually record beautiful music for posterity and perform for people.

This is in bad shape. No action on music/guitar playing in many months. I have lost my chops. Instigated a regular program of at least a couple hours of guitar practice a day, no lessons yet until you are in good shape. Check out zen guitar dojo this week.

5. Health
I want to be a healthy and attractive individual.

Health is fine. I am 160 22 bmi. I could be more cut. I start metamucil/glutamine/whey again this week, start up with fitday again.
Some things I want to do in the next month: clean teeth/start teeth whiteners

No comments: