Thursday, July 20, 2006

No Habla Ingles @ the Gym

Date: July 3, 2006

Location: Gym, Lakeview, Chicago, IL

Solo Sarge


I was using the squat machine at the gym when this happened. I turn to the HB6 latina chica who is using the leg curl machine next to me and open.

me: Hi, how is that leg curl machine different from the seated one?
HB6: (she mumbles something. The only things I can make out are 'they're the same')
me: Well I noticed that you were using both - is this one better?
HB6: (she mumbles something. The only things I can make out are 'they're the same')

I realize that she doesn't speak very good English. Maybe she knows enough to keep the set going, I continue.

me: So you are doing both leg curls? That's a lot!
HB6: (she mumbles something. The only things I can make out are 'they're the same' and 'they're good')
me: How many sets do you do?
HB6: 5.
me: Wow that's a lot! I only do 3 sets of 10.
HB6: (she mumbles something. The only things I can make out are 'they're the same' and 'they're good')

We're both getting frustrated by the language barrier. I abandon this set due to language problems.

Work on:
nothing to be done about this shiat.

No comments: