Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Popculture Suicides

Date: August 15, 2006
Location: Cobra Lounge, Chicago, IL
Players: me + 3 wings

Me, Effect and Jaydog went to see (former Marilyn Manson guitarist, Zim Zum's new band) The Popculture Suicides play a free show at the Cobra Lounge last night. The band was LOUD. My ears are still ringing a little. The Cobra Lounge is sort of an upscale heavy metal club, there was talent there, but not as much as a regular club, and it didn't really appear til the end of the concert when we were leaving. I guess this place doesn't get going til late. We met up with Effect's friend Eric, who also happens to be an ex bf of Diva.

Last night I was trying to get a head start on the day 6 assignment for the Style Life challenge - give 5 random compliments. I turned a couple of these into half assed approaches. The club was not a great place to approach, not too many open sets, it was really loud, etc. I haven't really been in a good state since the Victor Hotel. I have to do something about my state. I am in the process of totally cleaning out and organizing my apartment, and finally getting my career and finances together. This is a huge task - I'm hoping that once this is done that my game will improve, since my inner game will be clear without all the nagging pressures of every day life in the back of my head. Ideally I'd like to balance living a productive life and my pua shenanigans.

First set was a 2 set of UG's. I ask them about the band and when the show is starting, some small talk about how cool the club is and if they go here a lot. I compliment one on her hair. We talk a bit more about music, but I eject since I'm not that into it.

Second set was a 3 set of HB7's - brunettes I believe. I compliment one on her septum ring. Then I break into Effect's Canadian Rock Legacy opener. I screw it up badly. I mention Rush and Toto, they tell me those groups suck. I get tongue tied because I don't know how to stack or follow this up, so I bail. Lousy set, *reminder to myself to stay in the fucking set even if it's getting uncomfortable because that's the only way you will learn* and fucking SBAP.

Anyway, the show was hardcore, on the way out the door I compliment 2 HB's on their cool hats. We go out to eat at Clarke's and I compliment our hot waitress on this hippie scarf thing she was wearing in her hair.

151 approaches

No comments: