Sunday, August 13, 2006

Nephew's Baptism, Family Friends

Date: August 12, 2006
Location: Country Club, NW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
Players: solo sarge

I have to get up early today. Today is baby Ethan's baptism, and I'm the godfather. I drive down to my parent's house and we drive out to the church in the burbs. I'm dressed pretty upscale today. There are many relatives and family friends and whatnot, that I only really see during holidays and these types of family get togethers. This one girl Jane is there, more about her later, as well as her HB friends.

We go through the ceremony at the church and then we head over to the local country club for the reception. Today is day 2 of the Style Life challenge. Today's assignment is to make small talk with 5 more people, except this time add some eye contact to the mix. I made small talk with many people today, too many to count, mostly relatives and friends of the family. I know I did well with the eye contact, because later on I talked to my dad and he mentioned that he noticed I'm making a lot of EC lately. He also mentioned that my posture is improving. Looks like the first Style Life challenge paid off.

I do one approach today - Jane. Jane is this girl I keep seeing at these family gatherings. She is pretty cute, I always make it a point to walk up to her and try to game her. Of course, I've been doing this since before I knew about MM or any type of pu techniques, so she probably just thinks of me as this goofy guy who always approaches her at family gatherings. Mike, my cousin's husband, is trying to hook us up, but is going about it very badly.

Anyways, my one gripe about Jane is that, she is always hanging around her parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, grandparents, and she never wanders away from her little family unit, so I usually have to break in on her family hanging out and I usually have to try to game her in front her family. It totally sucks. Today's approach was typical. I sat down at her table and asked her how she's been while her brother sat next to me and gave me suspicious looks, her grandma stared at me, her cousins and sisters sat there and giggled. I was nervous as hell, and all I could think to say were the same old lines I always use on bar hoors. I dunno, I may give up on trying to hook up with her, it's always uncomfortable, there are other cute girls at these things anyways, I dunno why I always seem to focus on Jane. She probably has an idea of me being a huge nerd from back in the day, and all my new pua games may not be able to change that.

144 approaches

Today was Style Life day 3 - phone movie recommendation day. I'm not doing this one - I already did it once the first time I did the challenge, and it was goofy as hell. I went out to some bar and watched the Sox game with Lloyd, J, Michelle, Bridget, and their friends from work. I was pretty social today, should count as equivalent to that goofy fake phone call.

No comments: