Saturday, August 12, 2006

And So It Begins ... Again

Date: August 11, 2006
Location: Bars, Wicker Park, Chicago, IL
Players: me + 2 wings

Day 1 of the Style Life Challenge. Field assignment for day 1 is to engage in small talk with 5 people. I've done the challenge already, so I decide to make at least a couple of them actual approaches.

Effect and Jaydog pick me up to go sarge at Wicker Park. Those guys had been walking around Evanston sarging all day, and I had been working on less than 3 hours sleep for the past few days. I was in a horrible state - I was so sleep deprived, and I was stupid and called my ex again, this always does a number on my head. Later, Effect makes me delete her number from my cell phone.

We go to the old reliable Wicker Park and decide to hit Estelle's first. I make small talk with two people - dude in the car next to us, I ask him for directions, and the guy who takes your ID at Estelle's, I ask him about his cool bulldog. Friday night I do 3 actual approaches - first approach a warmup set on a table of 3 HB6 black chicks, goes alright, I'm not really into them so I eject. The second is a HB6 latina chick - I ask her how much money she put in the jukebox,
since we're waiting for her songs to finish so we can hear the songs we put in the jukebox. I vibe her a little more about cool bars in the city, then eject since she wasn't really doing it for me.

Third approach however, was more difficult. At Rodan, I run into the HB8 indian girl I gamed the other night at Absinthe, and decide to try again on her. We're standing next to each other in line for the bathroom and I say 'hey I met you the other night at Absinthe'. She remembers me, we talk a little, I get some kino, and a hug. It seems promising, I cut in on some bald dude trying to chat her up and blow him out. I am a little uncomfortable tonight due to the fact that I gamed her for about 20 minutes the other night, and used up all of my good materials. So I attempt to improvise, I tell her Effect is a director and is looking to cast people in a commercial. She tells me about how she used to be a model and didn't like working on commercials. I should have said, 'what, hand model'?

I eject again due to nervousness. Later I approach again, vibe a little more, but it doesn't go so well this time. I get the freeze out, I even tap her on the shoulder. I get a little freaked out at this point - I see yet another girl at Rodan that I approached just a night before - HB8 brunette with big canz from the Victor Hotel party. I tell my boys to bounce, we decide to venue change - they do some street approaches, we drive around the north side and look at all the drunk people coming out of the bars and we eventually wind up at Clarke's again at 3 in the morning. And I have to get up at 6 again the next day for Ethan's baptism. There's a huge crowd at Clarkes and we wait almost an hour for our food, I am so sleepy I can't keep my eyes open. They take me home and I pass out the minute my head hits the pillow.

143 approaches

No comments: