Friday, August 11, 2006

Another Night of Vicious Lair Hazing

Date: August 8, 2006
Location: Bars, Wicker Park, Chicago, IL
Players: me + 10 wings

We were supposed to go to Cobra Lounge tonight, but Effect cancels out at the last minute, so I decide to join JCB and the lair guys in Wicker Park for another night of vicious lair hazing. Jaydog comes along. On the way over I do probably the worst thing possible before going out sarging - I call my ex. And I even manage to call her at the worst possible time, as she is driving in the car with her new boyfriend. So, my state is basically fscked the rest of the night. I can't snap myself out of it.

APPROACH 1:
We meet at Salud. There were about 10 guys there - Jeez, Dapper, DoggyStyle, Chanh, Adam, a bunch of new guys I've never met before, that shaved head dude we met last week. They split us up into a couple of groups, I go with my group - me, Jeez, JCB, Dapper, and a couple of other guys I don't know, to Nicks. At Nicks Dapper tells me to approach a 2 set - HB7 brunette tall chick, and HB8 pierced eyebrow blonde chick with bike helmets. I vibe them on biking, dance classes (they had just gotten back from a salsa class), road and mountain bike brands, bars in the area. I always open with good bar/club recommendations nowadays, then segue into a real opener. I love the hair neg - is it a wig? etc. The brunette mentions that she is engaged, I focus on the blonde. Long set, it was actually going really well - I was at least at A3 maybe C1, by the time Jaydog comes in to wing me. He clams up, however. We eject. After a couple of minutes of this I decide to go in for a reapproach, and vibe her more with some DHV tests and such.

Then one of the new lair dudes comes in. I dont' know his name, and try to merge him into the set. I don't know who this guy is but he is ruining my vibe, I decide to eject, have a drink with JCB at the bar, and decide to go back later and try to close. Jaydog and the other guy are gaming them. Later on I try again but are already on their way out. At least my sets are getting longer.

APPROACH 2:
2 set at Absinthe - UG asian and HB8 indian chick. I get really far with the indian chick, even getting a lot of IOI's - where'd I go to school, what's my name? ooh that's a cool name etc. etc.

Dapper is winging me. He is focusing on the asian. I game the - extremely hot - indian chick using a lot of pebbles. I use - where'd you go to high school? me too! not reall! YOU MAD?! Jaydog comes in - we try showing her his painted black nails, Jaydog tells the story of his S&M encounter to the indian chick, but she seems weirded out by it. The energy level drops precipitously after Jaydog's S&M story, we later make a vow never to discuss it again during a set. Dapper is crashing and burning with the asian - they eye code each other to bail. I did really good with this one, hot too. But I psychologically removed myself from the set because of my damn inner game issues and fear of success.

venezuelanFly comes in. We hang out at Absinthe for a little while. Ryan the magic man comes in and thoroughly amazes the bar, I love that guy. I have to keep practicing that levitation trick.

132 Approaches

No comments: