Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Before I Forget

I've done a bunch of approaches in the past week and a half that I haven't documented, I should really post them before I forget them. I'll post them really quickly here, I'm at work right now and can't write a lot. None were really spectacular, although none were really terrible either. I'm consistently getting to A3 these days, sometimes C1, probably a few of these had potential. My inner state has been all over the place lately, despite all the nlp and meditation that I do. I've been in contact with my ex again, which was fucking with me - Effect made me delete her number from my phone. I also got hit by some pretty large student loan bills for grad school, which sent me into a fit of self flagellating depression. I'm mostly over all that right now - this is my life, I'm an intelligent, competent, motivated person; whatever happens, and whatever successes or failures I experience I take direct responsibility for.

We were sitting around GayHop the other night talking about how life can affect your game. If I'm completely honest with myself, the non-game areas of my life are not completely in order - finances, relationships, health, spirituality, career, home, etc. are not where they should be, to varying degrees. What if they were functioning on all cylinders? Don't you think the game would naturally improve? Because then I'd be able to completely be in the moment, and I wouldn't have this feeling underlying everything I do that there are other things I should be attending to. I probably wouldn't have any problem walking up to any bar hoochie and thinking that I'm the prize, because I am the prize.

Date: August 19, 2006
Location: Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL
Players: me + 1 wing


I just found these notes sitting on my computer, waiting for me to turn them into a blog entry.
God this was so long ago, this was two weekends ago when me and Effect went day gaming on Michigan Avenue and got caught in this huge thunderstorm. These were for day 8 of the Style Life challenge - approaching groups using root+opener+TC. I'll just post some brief notes when relevant.

5 set hs on street - I kept persisting even when I get frozen out, which is good. They were hot but young.

indian redhead w glasses nordstroms - They thought it was a trip, probably never get approached, I eject due to lack of interest. UGs.

spanish chick - HB9 hottie. From Spain, visiting family, aborted due to language barrier.

asian chick w bf - HB8, aborted due to the fact that her bf was right there.

lesbos - biatches, UG's at Borders looking at magazines. Whatevah, it's an approach.

That night we go to Rodan, Effect makes some approaches - I am too tired to approach and we bail early.


The next day, I do some day game with Effect, then we hit this club Suite with JayDog, but I don't do any approaches. Wasn't into it during day game and the club we went to was dead. Nice place though, really upscale place in OldTown.

Monday was really bad, I won't go into it. Tuesday I was in a daze, recovering from Monday. Wednesday was the same probably, I can't remember. Thursday I remember I played guitar all night and meditated, trying to forget my money problems, ex gf problems, job problems, whatever. Last week was pretty bad.

Friday night I went out again. I went out to some galleries with Effect, later we met up with JayDog and Diva - we hit this place called Darkroom which was pretty sweet, then we picked up Diva and went to a diner. I did some street approaches Friday night, 5 to be exact, but my state was shit, and I got AA at Darkroom.

Saturday night I picked up Effect from work, and JayDog came over. We all went to Darkroom again. My state was still shit, but I forced myself to open sets up anyway - I opened 15 sets in a little over an hour, probably a record for me. None were that great, althought thinking back on it - some had potential. I was just trying to get over my AA from the night before, I was in kind of a zone. I don't remember much about these sets - I know I was disqualifying myself and getting to A3 with a bunch of them. None of these girls were particularly hot either. Everything's a blur - I think about 5 of them were stadning right next to their bf's - who were eyeing me suspiciously, one set was an HB6 and a couple of trannies. A pretty grim night of sarging. I'm glad I have my buds to drag me out and try to lift my mood. I'd probably still be in my crap state from last week.

Sunday I slept most of the day, talked to JCB on the phone about his date, played guitar. Monday me and Effect went out to Cobra - it was totally dead. We drove around Andersonville, and stopped at Holiday Club - everything was dead. I don't even know what day of the challenge I'm on right now, I'm probably caught up with all the approaches though.

A couple of positive things that have come about from my grim week of financial and ex gf problems: My place is now totally clean except for one last scrub down by the maid, I still have to organize my financial papers, though. I have finished a couple of books about goal setting and finances, and I've come up with the beginnings of a long term career plan, which I'll continue to develop. I'm pretty much debt free right now afaik, although I'm a lot lighter in the pockets.

182 approaches

No comments: