Monday, January 12, 2009

Wash away what we create, my sins like funny calls you make

I've been slowly transferring all the (hundreds of) DVD's I've burned over the years onto my new TB hard drive. I've been rediscovering so much good music that I thought I had lost. Probably the most amazing thing that I found that nearly sent me jumping up and down was this disk with a backup copy of my Master's thesis. It's a full accounting program done in Swing and CORBA, I spent so long on it and was nearly heartbroken when my old computer crashed and thought I had lost the only copy. What a great find, this is definitely going back on the 'software samples' disk I sent out with my resume. Another random thing I thought of: somehow in conversation with my parents, my dad's yearly salary was revealed. It was a lot, but it was smaller than I expected it to be. I'm not saying this is how my parents live, but I think a lot of people out there just leverage good credit to maintain the appearance of being more successful than they really are. My entire adult life, I've thought that my dad made almost double than what he actually made annually. Why did I overestimate that, when doctor's salaries are pretty guessable by even my wife.

No comments: