Sunday, January 25, 2009

I find myself searching for old selves, while speeding forward through the plate glass of maturing cells

My mac died last weekend, I've been doing everything on my linux desktop machines, I had a little bit of adjustment to make at work. I should get it back sometime this week, probably in a couple of days. Apple says it's the power supply or logic board. I guess it was inevitable that that thing bit the dust, I certainly use it every minute of the damn day. It's actually nice to not be so tied to my 'security blanket'. I read two books this week, and spent more time playing with my daughter.

Work is sending me to San Jose, CA for a seminar on mobile programming. I'm pretty excited. For K's Valentine's Day/anniversary present, we're buying plan tickets so that K. and N. can fly down to meet me and we can spend a few days in San Francisco. Mom and dad are supposed to be going to the Philippines around that time for three weeks, I may have to work from home a couple weeks until they get back, if my boss will let me. Things seem to be going pretty well in general at work, I can't complain. The office is pretty laid back these days, I guess everyone's anticipating the move to the new building. I feel positive, I've been doing a lot of reading outside of work so I really feel 'in the groove'.

Was thinking of how my friend Paddock, when he wants to express friendship or affection, starts suggesting all the movies and albums he's been getting into. I really like that in a person. It's still unbearably cold, me and the family stayed inside all weekend - I was the only one to venture out for the past three days, to go to the gym and buy groceries. I cooked my wife some pretty nice meals - steak stir fry, chili lime tilapia, mashed potatoes, some good wine. For dessert pistacchio fat free pudding and fat free cool whip. We download movies off my friend's server and watch them in bed, eat, lay on the sofa, read books, pass the baby back and forth, videotape the baby and take pictures of her. K. wants to take a good picture so we can enter it into a baby contest of some sort - or is it just for submission in her hometown paper? I forget. I play guitar for them, they don't seem to mind. I'm actually really happy with my playing lately. We have plans to record some acoustic stuff with K. singing. Have to go, have to pull something out of the oven. God bless this world, I've been doing a lot of meditating and praying. Really determined now that I'm married with a kid, that from now on I live a good life.

No comments: