Friday, January 16, 2009

Few things are related to the old times, when we didn't believe in magic and we didn't die

Got up early yesterday, made coffee, changed the baby and put her back to sleep with mom. Played guitar while they slept, and watched the news. They woke up and we made breakfast, watched a documentary on the dissolution of Soviet Russia while I played guitar some more. Ran through all the songs so far for this year's 'setlist' of 15-20 songs, worked on two new numbers in open C, my new favorite tuning. Cleaned the house, gave the baby a bath. Went to the gym - had to shovel my car out of like a foot of snow. Almost got stuck in deep snow at least 3 times yesterday, as the city still hasn't gotten around to plowing all the side roads. They're done with the expansion at my gym, it's really nice - computers and flat screen tv's hanging everywhere. It's amusing how everyone still seems to gather at the old, crowded cardio room when there's a brand new, modern cardio room available now. Hopefully this will put an end to 'signing the wait list' and bickering over treadmills and such. I'm on my first week of a 12 week training program for a 10k race in March, so this week is pretty easy, 3 mile runs mostly. It's been horrible weather lately so I've preferred to run inside. Came home, K. gave me a haircut, then mistakenly shaved a reverse mohawk into my head (she usually shaves my head at a number 2 and a half, she was some long hairs she had missed and had it accidentally set to number 1), it's really short now. I don't like it this short, but she claims to prefer it this way. We got dressed and took the baby with us to C's birthday party. N. was, of course, the hit of the party - everybody thought she was adorable. She was dressed in the pink down vest outfit with the corduroy pants with the embroidered kitties she got from her aunt V. C. and J. were there of course, along with J. and his wife V., E. who brought her sister, L. and K., some new people I've never met who turned out to be C's friends from out of town. N. did her dance for everybody, and we took a lot of pics. I don't know about taking N. to these adult parties - it's always really loud and she winds up freaking out at least a couple of times. Her mom loves to show her off though, and she claims it's good for her to socialize. J. was pretty hilarious last night, him and J. have a real comic rapport. On the way home we got vanilla cones at the McDonalds by Wrigley Field and watched all the people trudge through the snow to the bars. Then we went home and I fell right asleep the minute my head hit the pillow. Had a dream where I seek out various enemies I've made over the years and tried to make amends - some were indifferent, some still held a grudge, one threatened me physically, but this being my dream, I flew into the sky like Nathan Petrelli in Heroes and disappeared.

No comments: