Wednesday, May 17, 2006

11 conversations with strangers

1. Girl who works with me, whom I never see or speak to, standing next to a bunch of empty boxes. Brief 2 min. convo about why she needs the boxes, turns out she's moving, and needs the boxes for packing stuff. She's also married, I found out.

2. Homeless lady on the street asking for change. I talked to her briefly about how she is doing, and how she's looking for a job.


3. Short 1-2 convo with a guy in line at the cafeteria in the building where I work. I saw he was putting cream in his tea and I made some comments about how most people don't do that. Basic chit chat.

4. Guard at the front door to the building where I work. I asked her questions about when the building will be open over the weekend and what I need to do to get in the building.

5. I stopped a lady walking on the street and asked her how do i get to such and such building on such and such street. Stretched the convo out by playing *really* dumb about street names.

6. Big breasted lady in the elevator of my apartment building. I made small talk with her about the lousy weather we've been having in Chicago. This one was close to being a HB/MILF.

7. Brief convo with a guy in the elevator of my building about what to wear outside and - yet again - the crappy weather we've been having recently.

8. Brief convo with a barista at my neighborhood coffee shop about the relative merits of the light and dark roasts. He even stopped by later on and gave me some free baked goods that they were going to throw out at the end of the night, still good.

9. Brief convo - again in the elevator of the building where I live. This time with an older lady - 40ish, cute for an older lady I guess, probably married with kids though - about restaurants. She was carrying this doggy bag from a restaurant downtown I had been meaning to try, and I asked her if she enjoyed her meal there. I'm really good in the elevator situation. There are some hot girls in my building, one of these days I'm gonna game em.
10. Lady in the elevator of my building - another discussion about the weather. She mentioned that she was sailing on the lake the other day. She seemed shocked initially that I started talking to her.

11. Guy in the laundry room of my building. I asked him questions about the new 'card system' that they recently replaced the coin changer with.

Some comments: I can't believe this seemed so intimidating at the start of the week. I would have finished easily I think, today, and I didn't even go out this weekend or deviate in any way from my regular routine (i.e., making trips to the mall or something just to talk to people). I'd still really like to develop a healthy social group whom I could party with in the bars and clubs on a regular basis, though.

I'm still a little skeptical re: whether or not the BC will actually produce HB's in my life. I do feel more confident, though. I'm beginning to realize that it's a lot easier to meet people than I originally thought - however, meeting people and being able to sustain a friendship/relationship with them without them pissing you off or vice versa is an entirely different story.

My approaches have been lame so far. I've only approached a couple of women that were even close to HB status.

On a personal note: I am quitting smoking weed today. At least for a long time - several years. I've been a daily smoker for a long time and it's time I clear my head a little and focus on getting my life together. I hope I don't have any withdrawls.

No comments: