Thursday, March 05, 2009

Woe to thee o land if thy king is a child

L. and N. are staying with us for a few days to look after N. while her grandparents are out of the country. Last night we took them to Lincoln Square for dinner and ice cream, then they went with us to interview the new day care people that K.'s friend A. recommended to us. A bunch of really nice Greek grandmas. So there's a possibility that N. will be going to this place instead of her grandma, as it may be too hard for her grandma to look after her with my dad being sick and the two crazy dogs. We were thinking - if everything happens for a reason, maybe God didn't want N. crawling around on the floor with those two crazy dogs who get into huge scratching fights with each other all the time. Hell, I was scratched up pretty good a couple times over the years. Then I went to my parents and drove them and their friends to the airport where they'll fly to the Philippines for 3 weeks. They should have fun, I think they're going to lay on the beach and play golf.

The weather is warming up. I'm coming off a period of really low energy starting last week around the time we went out to dinner with J. and C. I was just down, I skipped working out, didn't read that much, didn't want to clean around the house, was having trouble with work. It got so bad I scheduled an emergency appointment with J. to talk about it. I think I'm feeling better now. I've had more energy the past couple of days - I've been training again in the mornings, it helps that it's not so brutally cold these days. I just got really sick of waking up and having to face sub zero temps first thing in the morning. Relationships with my family are still very good. K. and I are tighter than ever. I'm always amazed at what a wonderful person she is. I don't think I could've gotten through some of the really difficult gotchas life's thrown at me in the past couple of weeks that I haven't even mentioned in this blog because they're too personal, without K. L.'s birthday last week, feeling a little more connected to my brother, which I'm happy about. N. is crawling a lot these days, it's funny watching her learn to climb on things.

Frustrated with a project at work, that's the thing that's really bringing me down lately. We also still have to finish our budget for the end of last month. It's just too busy - we have 2 houseguests now, I'm moving offices, then I leave this weekend for San Francisco, then mother in law comes in for a week. Looking forward to the developer's conference, I'm going to really try to learn a lot while I'm there. I may even get a head start on the java certification I plan to study for this year.

No comments: