Friday, March 27, 2009

There you are and here I stand

Back at work, still feel sick. The fever's gone, but have a bit of a cough and some congestion. K.'s sick now, she took a sick day from work and is home with N.. We took N. to the hospital yesterday btw - she has a fever, we're supposed to monitor her all week and take her back if the fever doesn't dissipate by the end of the week. Poor baby. I think on some level she's probably enjoying not having to go to the day care and getting to spend the day in bed with Mommy. I come back to work and there's projects piling up to my eyeballs. I may have to start coming in over the weekend or something to keep up. I don't feel good about this. We have a class at the church tonight, for N's baptism next month. Feel stretched thin, and then when I do get some time to do something, I feel lazy and waste my time doing nothing on the internet.

At church they read this bit of Corinthians, that both reminded me of my wife and made me feel guilty for being such an asshole to her:

Love is patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong.

Would you believe more than 10 years ago, as a young man just out of college, I thought that today's post title would be the title of my novel? It's a throwaway line from 'The Wagon' by Dinosaur Jr. This may still be the title of my novel, although the veiled reference to my defiant stance against conformity will not mean the same thing anymore. I remember having really long hair, and telling my incredulous dad of my plans to write said novel over the dinner table. God I used to be so idealistic and clueless.

No comments: