Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ode to Laura's Sister

I am totally exhausted. It's one in the morning and I just got home, I probably could fall asleep right now but of course I am anal retentively documenting the past two days of sarging activities. I shouldn't have gone out tonight, I could've used a day off. So far I've gone out last Friday, Saturday, a day off last Sunday when I slept practically all day, day/early night game on Monday, last night at Rodan, and then tonight. The game never sleeps.

I got an email close off of some girl I met at Rodan last night. Some HB redhead experimental filmmaker. This HB I met last Saturday tipped me off that the guys from Tortoise played free jazz at Rodan every Tuesday night, and me and Effect decided to check it out. We met up last night and sat there drinking for a little while, watching the guys from Tortoise play their jazz. Rodan is such a cool bar, it's probably my favorite sarging venue at this point.

Effect makes this comment that everyone there is in 'the business' - meaning, that they are in the video editing and film industry. I found this to be a ridiculous statement, and decided to use it as my opener for the night. I ask this HB whatever with some dude if she was in the video editing industry, she wasn't. I segue into some other opener, I forget which one, and ask her about clubs in the area. I also open up the blonde HB whatever with some ultra skinny dude on the other side of me. I ask her - what do you think of a man who has five cats? Would you consider this weird or even effeminite? She viciously blows me out, gives me a harsh look and tells me that cats are disgusting, then freezes me out. Me and Effect sort of look at each funny and basically laugh at her. I hate it when mediocre biatches have all sorts of attitude. Brick. Palace.

On the way back from the bathroom I open a 2 set from out of town - Colorado or something like that. Nice set, cats and dogs opener, club talk, a lot of fluff talk and banter. Long. Kino. I eject, I should have stayed in but they were sitting next to us and I thought I could easily reopen them. Then some people they were with tell them they are going to switch venues. They say bye as they are leaving and I let them go, I don't decide to close because they are from out of town and they are not very attractive.

I then open a 2 set at the end of the bar. A good set, they are already making moves to leave when I open them, so I get as much of my set in as possible - ask for a cigarette, dogs vs. cats, effeminite guy with six cats?, masculing girl with a huge pit bull?, banter and fluff talk about youtube and the girl's website, I am pretty much on with these two but I know they are leaving soon, so I email close the redhead one as they are making for the door. I have emailed her and called the other one from Friday, but so far noone has responded. Effect mentioned that I didn't stay with the set after the close last Friday, which most probably has led to a flake/buyer's remorse. I blame it on damn Emperor for being in such a hurry to leave last Friday. I have emailed this redhead chick but so far no response. Maybe she is just playing games. I hate the waiting game after the initial contact. Mental note to read TD's article on phone game that JCB suggested.

The redhead is hot, I hope she calls. Today after work I meet up with JayDog and Effect at McGearty's. JayDog gives me huge props for closing so much recently. We have dinner at a falafel place. We go back to Mcgearty's tonight, where they are having this party with free booze and cigarettes. It is pretty happening. I open a 2 set of HB blonde marketing chicks with the usual - cats vs. dogs, what are the cool bars etc. I open a 2 set of chicks from Oak Park, long set with a lot of banter about how I rescue stray animals. Unfortunately, they are there with their bf's.

Effect sees this one chick that he apparently had a huge case of one itis for in college - name is Laura. He is like a deer in headlights and really wants to leave, he is avoiding her at McGearty's like the plague, he must have really got shot down hard by her. He tells me the full story about that particular dating debacle. It is not pretty and I won't repeat it here, suffice to say he would like to keep it in the past and would prefer to avoid her. I open this really cute hipsterish chick with short hair in a derby cap. This chick turns out to be Laura's sister. She is young, a sophomore at UIC. I reopen her a couple of times - what are the cool bars, do you work here, dogs vs. cats, did you go to Columbia?, how long you been smoking?, etc. My plan as I told JayDog was to keep reopening this hottie all night, but by this time Effect really wants to leave as he keeps bumping into this girl Laura he used to have one itis for who I guess completely dogged him back in the day. TFAF. We walk around a little, and decide not go to into Rodan, we go to Subterrenean, where Effect approaches these two indie chicks who are dressed like hobos.

We go back to Effect's place and hang out with Diva, who is acting like a diva. We head out again - to this place called the Underground Lounge, which is dead, then to Estelle's in Wicker, which is dead. I'm dead at this point. I need to go home as I haven't been getting a lot of rest and I'm not in the mood to approach anymore. The conversational themes of the evening were: how much of worthless AFC JayDog is, how bullshit it is that he keeps bragging about this myspace chick he has been blowing us off to webcam with, how I am going through hell waiting for these two chicks to call or email me, and how hot Laura's sister is and how Effect is a puss for not talking to this Laura chick and possibly hooking me up with her sister. It would be cool if we ran into Laura or her hot hot sister again, as I'd really like the chance to try gaming her again. Ok, going to bed. TFAF, children.

220 approaches

No comments: