Monday, September 18, 2006

JayDog = Huge Pussy + Some Random Approaches

This was Style Life Day 21 for me. The date was Saturday, Sept. 16th. I spent the afternoon laying around the house, playing guitar. JayDog calls me from this coffee shop in Wicker Park and tells me he wants to hang out that night. JayDog has been cancelling out on our sarging expeditions lately, and I found out why - he has met a girl on myspace, and he has been spending a lot of time at home, talking to her on webcam. This is unacceptable to me, if sarging girls on the internet is your thing then more power to you, but to me it is a lazy man's way out, and you are taking anything you can get instead of gathering the skill to be able to choose who you want to date.

Anyway, me and Effect meet up with JayDog in Wicker Park. We hang out at the coffee shop for an hour or so, we catch JayDog talking to the girl on webcam and give him a lot of shit about it. Afterwards, we go to Trevia, which has been renamed Debonair or something like that. There is an art show there, a bunch of painters are painting stuff that they will sell later on, and there is a hip hop dj spinning some crunk ass jams.

I open 2 sets at Trevia. They are once again really good sets full of a lot of unscripted bantering. I open this brunette HB8 with a pink beret on. Her name was Jen and she owned an indie hip hop label. She is hanging out with this guy but I manage to banter with the two of them and eventually isolate her. I have a long set with her but I eject and rejoin my friends. I reopen her later on, and I try to merge her with Effect, thinking that they may strike up some type of business relationship, since he directs music videos. I felt really good about this set, I tried to reopen her later on and try for a close but she is surrounded by too many people and it is hard to get her attention. She seemed to know everyone at the bar. What I think went wrong with this set: I should have tried to close earlier, I ejected for no reason, I should have stayed in there and went for a close before going back to my friends, I had gone far enough in the set to do so. I also didn't neg or disqualify. Me and my friends also spent too long standing against the wall, looking like wallflowers, demonstrating lower value instead of going around and acting social, and building social value.

I had realized that we were standing along the wall for too long and walked up to a cute blonde HB sitting alone at the bar. This girl was really cool, it was also a really long set where I was able to get through the majority of my routine and work in a lot of joking and banter. I felt like this would have been closeable too, if she hadn't mentioned that she was dating the bartender - who, I noticed, had been staring at me the whole time.

On the way to the car I open a 2 set on the street. Just a random street approach, mediocre chicks. JayDog says I screwed up when I asked them where they lived, this just came out of my mouth, I guess I can see where girl would think this was a little creepy. Live and learn. So anyway, we go to Clarkes for some greasy diner food, and call it a night.

Today I had the day off. I slept til noon, then hooked up with Effect for some day game. We went to the Old Orchard mall in Skokie, where I did a couple of random sets. I also did 4 set of sorostitutes at the Barnes and Nobles in Evanston, where we went later on. None were anything to write home about - day game is a lot harder than night game, I just look at it as practice, working on your confidence and so forth in preparation for the real game at the bars on the weekends. We were walking around the mall when this girl comes up to us and asks us if we would like to take a test drive in a new Lexus in exchange for a 15 dollar gift certificate, so we take a ten minute test drive in a Lexus, then use our 15 dollar gift certificate to go out to lunch at Mangiannos Little Italy. I love Mangiannos, I'm glad we stumbled onto the the Lexus test drive, it was like the universe taking us out to lunch.

213 approaches

No comments: