Friday, November 28, 2008

Stay Crunchy

K's dad took the car back to the dealer for us. Woke up late this morning, spent the day watching college basketball on TV, surfing around on the internet. This is how bored I am around here - I signed up again for an account on . Reminder to myself to delete said account once I get back to Chicago. I can't believe my life used to revolve around that place, what a gigantic waste of time. Went running so we could meet everyone for breakfast at the Inn before they closed, but by the time I get back, K. tells me they're closing the Inn early, and she's tired and taking and nap with the baby. I eat leftovers and sit on the couch and write blog posts. Thinking about family members last night making vaguely racist jokes - or quoting vaguely racist jokes some of their friends said -about President Obama getting elected. I guess I'm not a minority now that I'm in the family. Sometimes when I hear people making these kind of comments about our new president I wonder what it is about having a black man in the White House that makes them feel so threatened. Been thinking about how my career has been stagnating for the past 4 years or so, and what I can do about it. I seem to fixate on this issue, resolve to make changes, and yet nothing seems to change that much. My New Years resolution should be to get back on track in terms of my career. I photoshopped my face and K's face over a picture of Perseus holding up the head of Medusa, and set it as my Facebook profile pic. Oh yeah, looks like there's some bad snowstorms coming to the UP so we may have to leave for Chicago tomorrow instead of Sunday.

No comments: