Sunday, November 30, 2008

I could repeat information about the finest things until I die and never grow weary of it. You are quite welcome.

Somehow I'm in the doghouse with my parents because I have to take my wife and baby to visit my in laws once a year whereas they get to see them practically every day. Or maybe they're pissed because we voted for Obama instead of buying into the propaganda emails forwarded secondhand by distant relatives who don't even live in the States. Drove all night last night while K. and N. were sick in the backseat. Listened to Dave Ramsey and worried a little about money. Came home and unpacked. Going to spend the day doing nothing, taking care of my girls, waiting for the big snowfall. I joined ilxor.com, sort of an elitist hipinion, with a more mature crowd. So far I like it, that's what boredom with only the internet to keep you company does to you. I'm so out of it in terms of the latest music, I can't begin to answer a question like

So we're halfway through 2008; what are your top 10 albums of this year, so far?

as most of the music I listen to on my iPod is old stuff, or news podcasts, or internet radio. And most of the stuff I listen to at home - 99 percent of the stuff I listen to at home - is my own guitar playing or piano playing. I know I'd rather make music, however badly, than fall into the rut of the 'music elitist nerd'. But it's vaguely troubling to me that I don't know any current bands. My resolve to be productive and excellent every day pales the face of cold harsh reality. Today I have to: do some work, work out, play guitar, and go to my mom's to pick up my keys. It always seems like there's not enough time in the day for everything.

No comments: