Friday, November 14, 2008

Candy left over from halloween, a unified theory of everything

Reasons for me to run in the morning instead of after work:
1. Yeah it's cold and harsh in the morning, especially with the wind along the lake, but the biggest reason I don't run in the morning is I don't want to get up early if I have to run outside in the cold. It will be just as cold in the afternoon, maybe a little warmer but not much to make a difference.
2. You waste a shitload of time running after work. If you run in the morning, it takes about an hour plus a little weight lifting and yoga at the gym, then shower, then go to work. If you run after work, you get home from work, talk to the wife, bounce the baby on your lap, change, work out for an hour, go home, sit around and talk to the wife and baby, then shower for the second time in the day - easily a two hour process, usually more. Less time for relaxing at night, watching tv and playing guitar.
3. You feel better throughout the day if you start your day with a workout.

Of course there are reasons to run after work - it's a great way to unwind after work, more people out on the street for peoplewatching. Probably a mix of morning and after-work runs, mostly mornings, would be ideal.

I watched 'I Am Trying to Break Your Heart' for the first time. I know I'm late to the Wilco party but I think I'm starting to get into them now.

Weird dream about me going back to my old job and begging my old boss for my job back. Almost a nightmare.

Bought K. a sapphire and diamond ring as a 'push present'/early Christmas present, she loved it.

I'm a man of simple tastes - Potbellies chicken salad salad and Jello sugar free pudding.

No comments: