Sunday, June 11, 2006

Are you ready for some comedy?! Bar Hopping / Multiple approaches

Date: June 10, 2006

Location: Wrigleyville sports bars, Chicago, IL

Players: Me + 4 wings

Background: It was a rainy, drizzly night. One of my wings got really drunk and tried to jump a picket fence outside one of the Wrigleyville bars. He slipped because the fence was wet, and he fell on his face. His face was badly bruised, he was bleeding. He broke his glasses. We asked around from bar to bar from some tape so that he could tape his glasses together, he is practically blind without his glasses and we had to lead him around for most of the night. We made up a story that he got in a fight, and that was how he got this way. The story eventually evolved so that by the end of the night he took on five guys and took two of them out.

Approach 1 - Corner of Addison and Clark
This street is filled with sports bars left and right. Me and two wings stood on the street, two HB8/9's hot brunette and hot blonde with streaks walk by.
Me: Hey.
(Girls glance at me and keep walking, I get in their way a little bit to try and slow them down.)
Me: Do you guys knows where the bars are at?
(Girls give me weird faces, smile, but keep walking.)

Lesson: I should have persisted. Good opener though.

Approach 2 - Corner of Addison and Clark
Same scene, a couple of minutes later. An HB6 Indian chick, and 2 HB9's blonde and brunette walk by, the HB6 stops and pulls out her cell phone, either calls someone or receives a call.

The 2 HB9's stop and call back to their friend.
HB's: Amy! Amy!
(Amy is talking on the phone, ignoring them)
Me: Amy! Hey your friends are calling you.
(Amy ignores us)
Wing (to girls): Hey what's up.
Wing2 (to Amy): Hey Amy!
HB9 (to other HB9): She's sh*t faced.
Wing2 (to Amy): Hey sh*t face!
-HB9's immediately turn to Wing2 and go off on him
HB9 blonde: Who are you calling sh*t face *******. Look at you! Fatass!
(the 2 HB's continue to give him sh*t)
Game over. I detach.

Lesson: Wing2 is an idiot, these girls are b*tches with no sense of humor.

Approach 3 - Goose Island Bar
Me and wing at the bar. HB7 blonde with glasses tan sportcoat, and HB5 fat latina walk up to order something.

Me (to HB7): Hey.
HB7: Hey.
Me: Did you guys just come from John Barleycorn's?
HB7: No.
Me: Is that place cool, there's a long a** line.
HB7: I heard it was cool.
Me: This guy said that beers were really expensive there.
HB7: (says something which I forget)
Me: So where you guys coming from?
HB5 (grabbing HB7): Come on, let's go.
(HB5 pulls HB7 away)
Me (to HB7 as she is being dragged away): Hey can I get your number?

She looks back at me as her friend drags her away.

Lesson:
No technique at all here. Here I am completely talking out of my a**.
No attraction/comfort building, EC, body language, C+F, negs.

Approach 4 - John Barleycorn's
Me and wing spot 3 girls, HB7 brunette short wavy hair, HB7 long straight hair, and HB5 short quiet Latina sitting alone at a table. We implement the 3 second rule and approach.

Us: Hey.
Them: Hey.
Us: How you guys doing?
Them: OK.
Us: We're nonchalant and wing, what's your names?
Them: HB7 brunette wavy hair, HB7 brunette long straight hair, and HB5 short quiet Latina.
Us: You have to meet our friend, this guy is awesome. He fought five guys tonight.
Them: whoa.
Us: He took two of them out, come with us, he's over by the bar.
HB7 brunette long straight hair: no tell him to come over here.
Me: Ok, hold on. (I walk over to drag wing2 to meet the girls. Wing2 is trying to fix his glasses with duct tape at the bar with the wing3 and 4)
(Wing2 ignores me, trying to fix his glasses.)
(I walk back, wing1 is still making convo with the girls.)
Me: Come with me, he doesn't want to come over. You have to meet this guy, he's awesome.
HB7 brunette wavy hair: No, tell him to come over here.
(I walk over to grab wing2, he's still fixing his glasses. I walk back and join in with wing1 who is now focusing on HB5 quiet Latina.)
Me: So where you guys from?
Them: She's from XXX suburb, we're from around here.
Me: I live around here too, these other guys are from XXX suburb.
(Wing2 comes over and joins in for a while, then his glasses break again and I have to help him get to the bathroom. I come back as Wing1 is still gaming the 3, but focusing on the Latina. When I arrive Wing1 detaches to get a beer.)
Me: So how long you guys been here / what are you drinking / having a good time etc.
Them: yadda yadda yadda
(I decide to # close.)
Me (to HB7 brunette wavy hair): So I should go back and talk to my friends - but I told my friends that I'd ask for your number. Can I get your number?
H7: Yeah. You got a pen?
Me: No, tell me I'll remember it.
HB7: It's XXXXXXXXXX, now repeat it to me.
Me: XXXXXXXXXX
HB7: No, you got a pen?
Me: No, hold on.
(I detach and walk over to the wings. 'Hey dudes I got a number!' 'Whoa.' 'You got a pen?' 'No.' - I walk back to the HB's. 'Was that your home or cell number?' 'Cell' - I just dial the number in my cell phone.)
Me: Ok now I'm going to walk over to the bar and call you ok?
HB7: Ok.
(I detach, walk over to the bar and call her. She answers. 'Hi'. I walk back to her.)
Me: Thanks I just won a bet and five dollars.
HB7: You should give me a cut.

I detach and walk back to my friends. I don't go back, Wing1 goes back to the HB's, and tries the same 'my friends made a bet with me to get your number' routine on the HB5 quiet Latina. He gets denied.

Key Factors:
Group interaction was key here.
I could tell from EC that HB7 was into me.
Wing1 chose (unwisely) the shy quiet one, he should have chose HB7 brunette long straight hair, who was as lively as my HB and probably would have played along.
Having balls to ask for her number in front of her friends probably helped me out a lot here.

Work on:
I should have persisted, I guess. Although, I wasn't that into it.
After a while, I had nothing to say to them. My conversational skills are cr*p. No use of C+F, negs, or body language. I lucked out that this one basically thought I was cute.

Approach 5 - John Barleycorn's
Here we are bullsh*tting with the HB9 brunette busty bartender.

Me: Is that absinthe?
HBBBB: No.
Wing: Look at this guy (points to Wing2) he got into a fight with 5 guys tonight.
Me: He took two of them out!
HBBBB: heh.
Wing2: (asks HBBBB a question about when they're closing or something)
Me: Can I have your number?!!
HBBBB: NO! (rolls eyes, walks away)
(She comes back, wings start talking to her about the 'fight'.)
Me: Can I have your email?
HBBBB: NO! (rolls eyes)
Wing2: You can hit him if you want.

Key factors:
I noticed that, like all the women I've attempted to # close so far, she smiled and kind of rolled her eyes. Noone so far has been mean about it. In fact, they like it, even if they deny you.

Work on:
Just another brick in my palace.
No technique, just drunken shenanigans. No rapport building, C+F, negs, etc.

Approach 6 - John Barleycorn's
The bar is closing, they are pushing us out. On the way out me and wing spot 2 HB8/9's at the bar, HB snobby blonde and her friend HB cute chubby blonde.

Us: Hey. You guys having a good time?
HB cute chubby blonde: Yeah.
Us: Where did you go tonight?
HB CCB: We went to XXX and XXX.
Us: Man our friend got into a fight with 5 guys tonight! You should have seen it! He took two of them out, you have to meet this guy!
HB CCB: heh.
Me: Can I get your number??!!
HB CCB: (laughing, rolls eyes) No!
Me: Can I get your email??!!
HB CCB: (laughing) No!
(HB SB turns her back to us)
Wing: You know who we saw tonight? EMILIO ESTEVEZ! I was like EMILIOOOOO...
Bouncer: Ok, you guys out!
Us: Well it was great to meet you. See you around.
Wing: (shakes her hand) I'm wing.
Me: (shakes her hand) I'm nonchalant.
HB CCB: I'm HB cute chubby blonde.
-Her hand feels really good in mine, she's the cutest of the whole night that I talked to. I make a lot of EC as I shake her hand and she's giving me a goofy look.

Key factors:
Again, the group approach was a huge plus. I don't think I could have approached this fine HB cold/sober.

I noticed that, like all the women I've attempted to # close so far, she smiled and kind of rolled her eyes. Noone so far has been mean about it. In fact, they like it, even if they deny you.

Work on:
Just another brick in my palace.
No technique, just drunken shenanigans. No rapport building, C+F, negs, etc.

No comments: