Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When the water is rough, the sailing is tough, I get drowned in your love

Back at work after two weeks off. My dad died a week and a half ago. We spent a week with him in the hospital hoping he'd recover, but he never did. I think it's better this way - he had nothing to look forward to but more chemo and more pain. The wake and the funeral were beautiful - people coming in from halfway around the world, people I haven't seen in 30 years. I had to give the eulogy. God that was tough. It feels like I turned a page in my life. Something profound has changed and I'll probably be sorting everything out for a while. We have to make sure my mom is ok now. Spent all day yesterday checking 2 weeks of email, trying to get back into the swing of things. August will be difficult - we sold our condo and are supposed to vacate by the end of the month. We're moving to a really nice place in Lincoln Square, but there's a lot to do right now. I'll write more later.

No comments: