Saturday, July 04, 2009

Album, or song?

Today on my run I got the bright idea to start recording an album of original music. I guess I'm tired of playing covers, it just seems pointless after a while. Let's take stock of how far I have to go: I'm a decent guitar player, but I'm not as good as I want to be. I know some stuff about digital recording and sequencing, but I'm far from being an expert producer. I've never written a full song that I was happy with, and lyrically I feel as if I have nothing to say.

First things first I guess. Garageband is very much a toy, for one thing if I'm going to record original music I need to be able to sequence my own drum tracks - so I'm looking into this step sequencer plugin for GB callediDrum. Been looking into upgrading from GB to Logic Studio, but GB is free and Logic Studio is like $1000, maybe I should try making songs on GB first.

No comments: