Monday, June 30, 2008

5k training week 5

I'm gaining a lot of cardiovascular endurance. Yesterday I went for my Sunday 'active recovery day', and I kept running even after the 40 minutes - I wound up running about 5 miles, which seems a lot for me. I don't remember being able to run that distance comfortably in the past. I also received a couple compliments on looking trimmer. I'm probably not losing a lot of weight though. I generally watch what I eat when I'm at home and there's nothing going on - but this summer's been really crazy, there's a party every week. Yesterday I tallied up my weightwatchers points and I'm slightly over my weekly points as well. I'm just going to keep training and trying to watch what I eat as I go forward, what else can I do? I also told my family about my 5k at the beginning of August, so now I have to be accountable to that. I'm going to start cooking some weightwatchers recipes too this week.

No comments: