Thursday, June 26, 2008

5k training week 4

I double timed this week so that I could fit all my training in during the week of our big wedding reception. The longest run is now 3 miles, which I'm doing fairly easily. I'm doing about 2 days of strength training here and there, and about 150 crunches a day. Working out in the morning pretty nice in the summertime, I'm going to keep doing it until the fall when it starts getting too painful. I don't see how these guys at the gym can stand to be on the treadmill every day, it just gets too boring - although I'm going to have to do it in the winter. I'm enjoying it now though, I bought a new pair of shoes and shorts when I was in the UP so I look cool ;).

So I'm keeping up with my training but my diet is another story. The wedding party was pretty awesome - I'll probably write about it later. But I ate so much, we all did. We also drank a lot. It felt like I was eating for 5 days straight, but it was a great time so I'm not going to regret it. I'm not even going to weigh myself, I'm just going to concentrate on getting to the gym and getting my running in every day.

No comments: