Monday, June 02, 2008

5k training week 1

Finished first week of my 5k training, so far so good. First week was pretty easy for me actually, as I've been sort of doing some cardio work already, but not seriously and for the purpose of eventually entering a race. I now seriously want a pair of those Nike+ iPod shoes. Today is a rest day - I like how I don't feel guilty about taking scheduled rest days. This week I'm aiming to work in a couple days of weight training along with all the cardio. Not too tired - even after the double work out yesterday. I don't even really sweat that much compared to how much I used to sweat on the treadmill. Maybe that will come. So far I lost about a pound - one pound a week is pretty good progress. By the end of the summer I should be in great shape, and have a 5k under my belt. Note to myself to pay more attention to stretching and yoga this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good going!! Nike+ running shoe is a best way to track our progress in training of any marathon.