Monday, March 24, 2008

The temporary insanity of my parents due to baby on the brain

What is it about parents and babies? After 30 years of being a black sheep of the family, all of a sudden I'm the greatest guy in the world to my mom, and she wants me and my wife over at her house all the time. Of course it has nothing to do with me, it doesn't have a lot to do with K. either. I think if my mom could pick the baby out of K's stomach and put it into her own menopausal stomach, she would. Perhaps that's all it is - a desire to relive the early days of parenthood, and being able to care for a cute newborn baby but not have to pay any of the bills. This just seems crazy to me - you'd think after a lifetime of raising kids, the last thing they'd want to do is take care of more kids.

No comments: