Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You always smile but in your eyes your soul shows

My wife is an emotional wreck, she's crying all of the time due to all the pressures of 2 graduate programs, a full time job, pregnancy, and planning an upcoming wedding. There's not much I can do except take on all the cooking, shopping, laundry, cleaning, basically everything I can to make her life easier. She chose the graduate school lifestyle but this pregnancy and wedding were sort of unanticipated. She reminds me of myself when I was going through all the crap for my Masters at NU, being pulled in all of these directions, always worried about some test coming up on top of all the worries of dealing with life, letting stuff like cleaning or bills go due to lack of time then having to deal with the stress of letting it go. There's really no time - unless you are one of those rare humans who require little sleep or downtime - so you have to prioritize and let stuff go. She's actually pretty lucky I'm around - she'd be living in a pig stye eating from McDonalds drive through every night.

I've been up since 4:30, went into work early today. Been working hard, also I've done some good work on myself the past week in my free time, organizing bills and such - just as in the past, the process of getting organized is itself very stressful, even though the end result is the calm of an ordered mind and life. I'm determined this time to take my life to another level - one where I'm not only on top of things, but also excelling in the most important areas of my life - family, relationships, wealth, etc. I'm meditating again and going back to the gym after about 2 weeks of being a lazy slob. Gained about 5 pounds, I really have to lose it fast because spring is right around the corner.

No comments: