Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Will work for attributes

Day 3 in Portland, second day of the conference. Yesterday was very long, I almost fell asleep during one big presenter's speech - and I didn't have my girl around to kick me under the table. I'm learning a lot about some upcoming legislation and the implementation process, we're not really going into the nitty gritty technical details, which is what I wanted to see, especially clustering scenarios. I asked one of the gurus yesterday about these issues, and he couldn't help me. They are serving some really good food - last night I sat around and bullshitted with a couple of guys from Indiana and Michigan as we ate filet mignon and salmon. There was a nice indian lady from Ohio and a couple of nice guys from Texas. My girl was texting me throughout the day with her new idea to take a vacation next week in Washington DC. Seeing most of the historical sights would be free and it's cheap to fly there this time of year. I'm game, it sounds fun, only thing is I have to finish up all the questions for my class before my Prof. goes away on July 10, so that I can take my final mid-August. At the rate I'm going I have to study about 3 hours a day until the trip, I should email him today. Fell asleep last night, exhausted. I only got about 4 hours of sleep the last 3 days. I went jogging around downtown Portland this morning, beautiful city. It's like a smaller, wild west version of San Francisco, a lot less ghetto than Chicago. Today is gonna be long, I have to do a lot of reading tonight if I really want to go on this trip to DC.

No comments: