Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Do you wake up on your own, and wonder where you are?

I've been eating a lot at this conference, it seems like every time we leave for a break there are all these gourmet sandwiches and deserts laid out for us, which I can't resist. For dinner the other night we had filet mignon and salmon, last night I went with of people from my cohort group to this restaurant downtown, which was pretty swank. I've gotten up every morning at 5:30 and went for a 3 mile run around the downtown area of Portland, and lifted weights. The weight room here kind of sucks, but I did as much as I could. My prof wants to meet on July 5th, but my girl has already bought plane tickets and reserved a hotel room for July 4th - 9th. I'm not sure how this is going to work out. Maybe I can't meet with him. I'm a little behind on my work, I should have stayed in last night and done my homework instead of going out on the town. I figured it's my last night in Portland, I may never be back here. I love to travel, I really need to do more of this. Really looking forward to a 6 day trip to DC with my girlfriend next week, that should be really fun. Sick of these nerds here.

And now I'm going to pack up my laptop, walk out of this room, scam some more food, go up to my room, grab my bags, check out of the hotel, catch the shuttle to the airport, remind my girl to pick me up, catch my plan, listen to my audiobook on the plane ride home, catch a ride home with my girl, and maybe do some studying tonight. Goodbye Portland, it was fun and educational.

No comments: