Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rockabilly, bisexuals, text messages

I went out with Linux1 and the Opthamologist and their friends to see the Reverend Horton Heat at the Metro. Apparently there is an underground subculture of people who are into swing dancing and rockabilly music with a punk rock edge. I think you know the look - sort of the tattooed greaser look for guys, and the gothic betty page look with a lot of make up and the retro mini skirt dress look for girls. I actually really dig that look on girls. I read in a magazine somewhere that this scene is still fairly big in California - I had never seen it here in Chicago before.

Anyways, it was cool. I had hung out with Linux1 and the Opthamologist before, and believe me - I had noticed that the Opthamologist was an attractive woman. It was just that Linux1 - or was it Linux2 - had told me that she was a lesbian. Well, she's no lesbian. She is probably bisexual, but Friday night she brought her boytoy guy along, as well as her hot friend. Before the concert, we all went to Uncommon Grounds to hang out. I spend like 50 bucks on dinner, that place is a total rip. 50 bucks for macaroni and cheese and two glasses of beer. There were babes there, I should have approached someone. I feel sort of self conscious about doing approaches around Linux1, since he is so quiet and reserved. I haven't really analyzed this phenomenon before - I guess it is a combination of being preoccupied with talking with him, and me not wanting him to think that I am some sleazy guy who hits on girls all of the time. This is probably stupid, since he has mentioned hitting on girls before around me. Linux1 is a strange case - at first I thought he was gay, but he occasionally talks about hitting on girls. And he lives with the Opthamologist, who's sexual preference seems to be equally ambiguous.

The girls were a half hour late because they were still 'getting ready' - but when they showed up (accompanied by the Opthamologist's dude) - I realized it was worth it. They were smoking hot in their retro hairdos and makeup. I couldn't stop hitting on the Opthamologist's hot friend. I kept opening her the entire night. The Opthamologist's dude didn't seem to like me. He didn't say or do anything really overt, this was just a general vibe I got from him. Maybe I'm just imagining this and it's just a cognitive distortion like emotional reasoning. I remember the dude deliberately sat between me and the hot friend at one point so I couldn't talk to her, so I just got up and started doing approaches. I also made sure they saw me.

I did one approach - a bunch of girls up at the front of the balcony. They were frankly pretty average. I just approached them because they were closeby. They were pretty cold - they pulled over some bald tattooed gearhead looking guy that they had come there with - 'hey this guy is looking for the Darkroom? can you tell him how to get there?' so I just played along and kept making some goofy conversation with them.

I walked down to Smart Bar and did 2 approaches. Both were pretty much the same - lone wolves, brunettes, pretty average in looks, proximity, etc. I started asking them about swing dancing (remarkably, they were both into swing dancing and had arrived with swing dancing friends), the Reverend Horton Heat (who rocked by the way, the dude is a seriously awesome guitarist and a kickass showman), college, how they have totally redone the interior of the Smart Bar and how they have outlawed smoking at the Metro. Stupid chit chat.

The Opthamologist was hanging on me towards the end of the night, I think this pissed off her dude. He seemed pretty rude to me after all that. I asked her to give me some mp3 recommendations for good Rockabilly bands. I told her that I really liked the Reverend, but I wasn't really into bands like Brian Setzer Orchestra and Cherry Poppin Daddies, because I don't really dig the horns. She told me that I have to go with them to Martyr's for this monthly Rockabilly hoe down that they go to. Sounds cool, maybe I'll get a second shot at the Opthamologist's hot friend, I don't really care. Maybe I'll meet a cute Rockabilly chick with cat eye glasses and tattoos. I'm down with that.

This is just another night in the life of me. I'm just trying to stay positive, have fun, and experience everything that I can while there is still time. It's really hard sometimes to stay positive. I have to force myself at times when I don't really feel it. Dating is just fucked up, I hate it. At the same time I'm not going to settle down with just anyone - so I have to deal with the world of dating - which is negativity thrown in your face all day long by stupid bitches. And you have to swallow it up and smile and try to stay positive so that the next girl who comes along doesn't think you are a morose bitter asshole. Sometimes I just can't help but laugh at everything. HBRussianGirl has been texting me again. This shit is fucked up:


hey how have you been doing? you haven't called me. guess what? i quit my job! [This is significant since her ex works at the same place that she apparently just quit. I have always felt that she was still hung up on her ex and it fucked up our relationship.] We should get together sometime! HBRussianGirl


I text her back

let me know when you want to hang out --cheers


She is bored and/or lonely, and looking to fuck with me again. I don't know why I can't leave this girl alone. Oh yeah, because she's hot and she is really good in bed. I'll never learn.

259 approaches

No comments: