Monday, December 15, 2008

that's how you let the skeet build bitch

So I missed my run. I've been training for the past 3 months for this 10k race - I thought the entire time that the race was on December 18, but I checked the website to see when I should register - and it turns out that the race was yesterday! We were so busy this weekend, I don't know if I even would have done the race. Parties Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Work Holiday party on Friday - all the people at work of course got a kick meeting N. N. had a hard time at that party, which is weird because she usually enjoys being around people. I think the music was just too loud or she was too tired. Met C.'s baby there, K. insists that ours is cuter. We had a board games party at J's house on Saturday, which was also for C's 30th birthday. We bought her a bunch of wine from Trader Joe's for a present. P. and his wife R. were there, we played Apples to Apples. Left N. with mom and dad that night, uncle J. was there and he claims he got N. to giggle all night. Wish we had a video of that. Sunday we skipped church and went out for brunch at Wishbone, then went to B.'s house for her kid J's 5th birthday party. Some girls from K's work were there, and they enjoyed passed N. around the room. The weather is crappy. It was around 30s this weekend, but it was still crappy running outside with the wind from the lake. I've been losing a lot of weight lately, I'm starting to like how I look again, which is great after stupidly letting myself go for a year with the baby and all the wedding crap. Made a vow to myself that I won't let that happen again, shouldn't be a problem if I maintain this running habit. I'm starting to look like a runner, I definitely will after I lose another pound. One change I notice - after my long run of 7 miles, I feel tired but honestly I could run a few more miles, whereas previously I'd be totally exhausted and go home and fall asleep the rest of the day on the couch. K. has been knitting this stocking for N. which means I have to hold N. on my lap while K. works on this shiznit - which also means that I haven't been practicing guitar that much. So, I'm a little edgy, I can't stand it when my practice schedule gets thrown out of whack. My baby is cute! Everybody loves her. It's really funny, she's like this little bear cub or baby monkey. When her mom holds her, she's perfectly fine to sit on my wife's lap and nurse, but when I hold her she has to climb up my shoulder like I'm some sort of human jungle gym. She is really high maintenance, too. She has to be held at all times, and she whines if I don't walk around the room with her on my shoulders. We finally set up our Christmas tree, looks nice unlike last year's tree. Still haven't finished shopping. Back at work today - we have to take N. for her 4 month shots this afternoon (early, she's 3 months old right now). What else. Been working my ass off. I feel pretty good about that. I feel like if I just maintain that type of work ethic, it's pretty much inevitable that some good things will start to happen in terms of my career.

No comments: