Monday, October 22, 2007

It doesn't matter who we were. It only matters who we are.

We went out with K's friend L. from da UP at House of Sushi and Noodles on Friday, then dinner with P. and R. and J. from work at Bob Chinn's on Saturday with a side trip to Ikea, then another painting and Home Depot excursion on Sunday. I didn't get any studying done over the weekend. Things are moving fast, it never feels like there's any time to do things. Maybe if I didn't have a girlfriend I'd feel like I have more free time, but that's probably not what would happen - if I didn't have a girlfriend I'd be going out all the time looking for a girlfriend, spending all kinds of money. Things would be about the same except I'd be drinking more, spending more money on bullshit things like going out and I wouldn't have cool stuff to show for it like a newly renovated apartment. I'd be depressed more often, I'd have more existential angst, my family would continue to wonder when the hell I'm going to settle down. Then again, maybe I'd be dating multiple women. Nah, I doubt it. My pal JCB is dating two girls right now - but I wouldn't want to have gone through all the bullshit he went through this summer in order to finally find himself in the situation of dating two girls at once.

No, I don't regret a thing, my girl makes my life better and I'm a better man for having been with her. Things are just busy - all the time I'd have left over to get some of my extra projects done we spend moving her in to my apartment and doing home renovation crap like painting and moving furniture. The apartment looks awesome now by the way - I just don't like a couple of the little monkey shaped figurines that K. brought over. I'm so glad painting's done, she promised me that it would only take a couple days and it took a month almost.

What else. I applied for my own domain name, I'm still sort of setting it all up - I have to change ISP's in order to host it at my house since RCN is blocking all kinds of ports. Weightwatchers is going ok - I can't believe I'm in weightwatchers now. I'm not exactly overweight, I am just frustrated because I can't seem to lose these last 10 lbs despite how much I work out. We've also decided the plans for the holidays - Thanksgiving we will be in Chicago, we will be in da UP on Christmas Day. This will be my first Christmas away from home ever. I don't know how I feel about this - I don't mind being away from the usually Christmas stuff at home, although I'll miss my family. On the other hand - I am sort of ambivalent about spending Christmas in da UP with people I don't know. At least K. will be there, as always the holidays will come too soon.

No comments: