Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Moonlapse Vertigo

I woke up at 5am today, kissed K. and drove to the gym from K's house, then worked out and did yoga before work. I'm at work an hour early today. Feels good to have extra time to get caught up. Life feels busy, healthy, and balanced - not as balanced as I'd like it to be but it's not bad, I should've spent a little more time this month with my financial stuff but I was so caught up with my business class. I'm thinking that I was blessed with a superior intellect, youthful good looks, and health - but my downfall has always been a tendency towards melancholy, depression, and laziness.

So I take it a day at a time, a week at a time - if I work overtime on a consistent basis, it is pretty much inevitable that I will do well in my career. That thought keeps me satisfied and focused despite the fact that I'm dissatisfied about many aspects of my job. I always remind myself that the past does not determine the future and that we are living with the repercussions of past karma, and that your current situation is not indicative of who you are right now.

My birthday was last weekend. I got some underwear, a gift certificate to Bloomingdales, and a designer tea set. I took K. over to my parents for lunch. I think my parents liked her, I could tell it made J. a little uncomfortable. A year ago I was going out all the time, and my life was totally out of control. I was surrounded by negative people. I can feel that the environment at work is changing again, now that certain people are leaving. It's weird how I almost hated certain people but now that they're gone I kind of miss them.

No comments: