Thursday, April 26, 2007

You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do as You're Told)

3 weeks later and I'm still with my new girlfriend. It is sort of official now, too. She basically told me the other day that I can't date anyone else without telling her first. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I feel like I've sort of been forced into this position. Was there a way I could have responded to her subtle coercion so that I wouldn't have had to agree to basically not date anyone without telling her first? Afterwards, I looked this up on the various seduction sites but I couldn't find a good response. Most of the seduction knowledge on the internet tends to dry up once you enter the area of ltr's. I probably would tell her anyways if I was planning on sleeping with someone else, it's only fair, you'd have to be a serious asshole to expose her to disease like this. I wasn't going to tell her no, also, I'm having too much fun.

Ironic that I'm simultaneously having a shitload of fun and also am more stressed out than I have been in a long time. A couple of weeks ago I got really sick and I'm only now starting to feel 100 percent better again. I had a consistent fever, headaches, sore throat. Turns out I caught a viral infection - probably from the new girl. The inside of my mouth became all swollen and sore. I couldn't brush my teeth or eat anything other than vitamin water and yogurt without excrutiating pain for almost two weeks. I would often come home on the days I wasn't hanging with my girl, and fall asleep immediately and not wake up until the next morning.

The sex is good. Very good. I feel like Ron Jeremy. I think it's time for me to snap out of this daze I've been in though. All I've been thinking of is sex and hanging out with my new girl. My work is still alright, it's not spectacular though, and I'm just getting adjusted again after calling in sick for a week. My finance research has been neglected. I lost my iPod somewhere - maybe her house, maybe my mom's house - and my gym card. I've been sick anyways, and combined with my lost gym card, I haven't worked out very much in two weeks. Guitar practice has gone to hell - again. I hate that more than anything. My personal projects have also gone to shit.

Time to get my crap together. I can't keep sleeping over at her house every night. Nothing gets done, I have to work on my life. I really hate feeling out of balance like this, I also don't think my girl would want to date some dude who can't even handle his own shit. The past couple of days have been productive. Tomorrow I promised JCB I'd hit the clubs with him, the gf and her friends may meet up with us, which should be interesting. Saturday I've decided to try to combine girlfriend time with being productive, and have her come over and help me hang some bookshelves and do some homework together.

4 comments:

Reverend K said...

Wow dude! Congratulations!

Hey man, sorry about Mike at McGearty's the other night. Once he starts hitting martinis, he gets too cocky and brash. However, I wouldn't worry about that one waitress, because she's always snotty to us. That probably means she likes us or something.

Nonchalant said...

That's no big deal dude. I've been meaning to give you a call sometime but I've been really busy, I'm back at Northwestern taking business classes, and work has been crazy lately. Also this chick situation.

Resilient said...

One of things I saw myself when hanging out more with my girlfriend was how much less time I had for self-improvement, private time, etc..

I found when making plans if she asks for a night/day alone say"I'm busy Thursday, but how about Saturday?" that way it gently counter-offers her a date, so she doesn't just feel like you're shutting her out, etc.

Seeing other people is tricky. You both will have to come to an agreement of what's appropriate and what's not. I.E. Going to dinner with a guy alone and watching movie back her place (which my g/f recently did) was unappropriate to me. However meeting with guy alone that was friend before you for a quick cup of coffee is totally cool. My g/f texts me if she's meeting a guy friend for whatever, so there's honesty and no surprises.

Let me know how things progress.

Congrats, she sounds like she's falling for you fast.

Oh and lastly, I use Doc Love's SYSTEM for LTR maintenance. It's more about being a man with self-control, challenge, and confidence that keeps her attracted and interest level high. His radio-net show is also well worth listening to weekly.

Cheers,
Res

Nonchalant said...

We had a talk about it and agreed we should try to see each other 3 times a week at most. But then we wound up spending 3 days together last weekend.

We tried spending a night together where we both do homework, we got some homework done but not as much as we could on our own. Constantly driving to and from work from her house also tacks on an extra hour on my commute. I'm going to try to be more strict with myself this week, and not allow myself to see her unless a certain number of things get done first.

I'm pretty sure she'd tell me if she was going to hang out with some dude. One situation that may potentially put a damper on the situation in the near future is:
her brother, who is a college student at Marquette, is planning to spend the summer in Chicago. He will probably be sleeping on her couch in her apartment. So, basically I can kiss my 3 day weekends at her apartment goodbye since her bro will be sitting on her couch watching tv. We talked about this, she tells me he'll probably go back to college on the weekends to hang out with his friends. This may not be good for me, or it may actually be a blessing in disguise - I definitely have a lot of shit I have to take care of so maybe it's good it will be harder for me to spend alone time w her.