Sunday, April 15, 2007

I have a girlfriend now

I guess it was inevitable, with all the time and effort I've put into this dating thing the past year. It caught me completely by surprise - she just referred to me as her 'boyfriend' in an offhand way, I guess I could have said maybe we're rushing into things, but I'm not going to say 'I'm not your boyfriend' to some chick who just let me sleep over five nights in a row. Some other cool shit about this girl - she's told me that I'm the best sex she's ever had. How about that? Nice, right?

This is how awesome she is - we're laying in bed, she gets up at 5:30 in the morning to go to her triathalon training, changes into these skimpy shorts, goes and runs like 3 miles, swims a mile, bikes another mile or so, whatever it is she does at these training things, then comes back and screws me until noon. JCB was like, holy crap you've hit the jackpot. My therapist thinks we are taking things too fast. He knows all of the crap I need to accomplish in terms of my career and financial goals, yesterday he asked me where a new girlfriend fits into all of this. I guess it doesn't. This is the totally frivolous part of life that honestly, doesn't mean anything. I mean, if things don't work out with this girl I will still have my mission to attend to. It sure makes everything a bit more interesting, though. I think if I didn't have this girl in my life right now, and I was still the guy going out and hitting on women every night at the bars, my life would be a lot more grim.

I got sick over the weekend, I got a headache, probably from staying up all night and lack of sleep, a bit of a fever. A sore throat, I wonder if she also has a sore throat or if I caught some kind of virus from her. I really hope it's not anything like mono. Kind of sucks I'm sick right now, I have a lot of crap I have to take care of before I go into work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Reverend K said...

Nah man, there's a little bug going around. Blame the change of seasons. Glad that things are working out! You deserve it, man. Hope you'll actually hang out once in a while. Let me know when and I'll make sure Mike ain't around.

Resilient said...

Best of luck dude.

Only advice I have is to not forget your career goals and self-development, keep her on her toes and lastly go slow as possible with the relationship.

Nonchalant said...

Amen.

I feel like it is already out of control.

Luckily she is gone on a work trip, so I will have some time to sort my shit out.