Friday, February 18, 2011

Word vomit

After the blizzard there were piles of snow 4 feet high on every street corner.  People were engaging in the peculiar Chicago tradition of leaving chairs out in the streets to 'reserve' parking spaces near their homes.  In the past several days we had 30 degree temps, which flooded the streets with melting snow.  I finally motivated myself to go running again and ran 12 miles last weekend.  My shoes are soaked and my legs are sore again for the first time since November really.  A. and P. had a birthday party for one of their little ones last weekend, I told K. to tell H. and J. that I've been training all winter.
My mother in laws in town, she's been having a blast taking care of the babies.  We couldn't be more relieved to let someone take over for a change.  2 kids is definitely a challenge, I wish she could stay with us all the time.  My mom also watched N. Last Friday - N. spent the night at her lolas house which was also nice for us.  We went out to eat and had a nice relaxing evening with J. while our real high maintenance kid was away.  We tried to watch a movie in bed but fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow.
K. is all about dieting and losing weight these days, can't say that I mind.  Right now I'm about 10lbs overweight.  I guess I was so overwhelmed after J. was born that I stopped working out, among other things.  I was also driving N. 3 hours a day to daycare and back so I missed out on my study time on the train.
K's back at work now so she has the car again, and I'm back riding the ghettoness of the cta.  At least I'm getting a lot of studying done on the train.  Been reading this book on the psychology of procrastination and it's been pretty enlightening- I feel like I've been asleep all my life and just woke up.  I'm also amazes how much low self image, perfectionism, fear of failure, and self talk play into procrastination habits.  Been making it a point to talk supportively to myself whenever I catch myself falling into patterns.  I can't believe I never took this stiff seriously before.
Feel better about work, I'm still not where I want to be but I feel like I'm working hard and making good use of my time.  I feel like maybe people are noticing that I've been trying hard for the past few weeks, maybe not though.  It's really easy to slip through the cracks where I work.  I know that if I continue to work as hard as I do and most importantly, don't give up, that I'll eventually start to manifest positive change in my career.
What else.  Z. screwed up my haircut twice.  He made it too short and now I'm back to growing it out again.  It's not that big of a deal.  I've been playing a lot of guitar, a couple sings are coming along.  Mental note that I need to start practicing singing.  It's also our anniversary tonight, really looking forward to taking K. to the Signature room.  

No comments: