Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A phantom and a fly

Reading on songwriting, not much time to do anything last night. Have been thinking about musical direction - I think I'm starting to get caught up in the sequencing and mixing, which is cool if I wanted to be an electronic artist or something - but I'm a guitar player, and the original idea of the album was to make an organic sounding guitar album with a lot of fingerpicking and minimal instrumentation. This means the song is everything. Instead of playing around with Logic plugins everyday, which is fun I'll admit - I have to work on songs. Life is also calling - feeling some (mostly internal) pressure to get back to the business of taking charge of my career. I have to schedule some time everyday to spend some extra time on work projects and studying for professional certifications. I also bought some moleskines for lyric writing and song notes, not sure if I'm going to use them.

No comments: