Monday, February 15, 2010

So the story goes

Maybe some people - good looking girls for instance - go through life experiencing positivity and acceptance from everyone they meet. Who doesn't want to be friends with and be closer to a good looking girl? Or a good looking guy I guess. I feel like I get negativity and animosity from everyone, everywhere I turn. I guess that is an exaggeration, I don't experience it from everybody. But I've felt like I had random animosity thrown in my face my whole life, I still don't understand it - the only thing I can think of to explain it is the fact that I'm just different, right down to my physical appearance and onto the way I think (which definitely is different). Maybe this is all mental, in which case it's a self fulfilling policy. I credit my parents for my original lack of self confidence but I have noone to blame but myself that it continues on to this day. My wife asked me the other day, something to the effect of 'you should hang out with so and so, they seem to be people you'd get along with...' and I answered - 'I feel totally alien in this world, I don't feel like I can relate to anybody'.

No comments: