Thursday, January 21, 2010

The face of the assassin

Made a lot of progress on my first Logic composition that actually seems like a 'keeper' - an ambient sound collage I was using to teach myself automation and creating samples in ESX24. I like it - I think it just needs some more sequencing and some guitar and voice overdubs now. I have an idea of writing an album with dreamlike hallucinatory sequences like Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel, mixed with passages of formally structured songs featuring acoustic fingerpicking. So this is an example of the first type of song, obviously the second type of song is more difficult - but it doesn't have to be so difficult. I'm really liking the idea of stream of consciousness writing, like how BC created his album by composing each song in order and taking only a few hours to do each song. Also remember how Lennon and McCartney would limit themselves to 2-3 hour songwriting sessions.

No comments: