Thursday, October 15, 2009

I worry about being too skinny

Work has been arduous and draining. I took some Fridays off this month and am currently enjoying one of my long weekends. I don't think I have the emotional energy to really apply myself at my job lately, I'm probably going to request more vacation days next month too. Relationships with some people on my team are pretty good, I feel like relationships with certain people at work have been damaged unfortunately. I don't know how I could have reacted to certain situations and standing up for myself without making other people angry.

I got a new MacBook Pro, I'm stoked. I've been moving files onto it and installing stuff for the past few days. It's going to take me probably another week until I'm fully settled in with my new laptop. I have a new workflow plan that I plan to stick with on this new laptop - all work related stuff in a linux vm, all personal related stuff in the osx host, and another user account for warez and pron.

I have been playing a lot of guitar, but I'm not satisfied with my playing. My singing is improving but it's still not very polished or confident. I don't think I have any song totally down but I realized I have more than 10 songs at practice level for my repertoire. Sold the SG, that was another eBay ordeal, I'll have to go through it all over again when I get my amp back this weekend hopefully and I have to sell that beast. I have an Apogee Duet coming, soon I'll be fully prepared to start recording again.

Weather is getting colder, soon we won't be able to take N. to the park to play, but the leaves will be changing soon and fall will be nice in its own way. Another year is passing, which in and of itself is sad but this year has been a good year despite everything. K. just called and informed me that her parents were coming tomorrow. They should enjoy the race on Saturday. N.'s dressing up as a chicken this year for Halloween. I haven't called my mom up in a few days.

We joined Galter, which is an awesome pure class health club, but it's also expensive. I guess it's worth it - if I didn't have an indoor running track I wouldn't be able to run outside when it gets colder than 20 degrees or so. We're supposed to go there tonight, my wife's starting to work out again, swimming, yoga classes, and N. stays in the nursery at the club, the ladies who work in the nursery love her and by all accounts she really likes it there. 4 mile run tonight, I plan to listen to some Beatles tonight.

Guitar class is going good - I did a good performance last week, probably the best performance in the class although I'm totally biased. We're supposed to play this bar next week and we can play songs that we choose, I'd really like to have a few of these songs I'm working on ready for Monday night, but that might be difficult with parents in laws coming.

No comments: