Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How we're evolving

I've always loved music. At this point I just want to share my love of music with people through performance. I have one song at this point, ideally I'd like to have at least an album's worth of original songs - I don't know how long I'll have to keep writing songs until I have 14 or so songs I'm satisfied with but I'm going to spend at least one day a week trying to write more songs, I feel like 2-3 hours a week on this process is about right for me right now. I'm not even that great at music. I don't even know if I'm holding my wife and baby's attention very well. I should probably try to see if I can really impress them.

I play a lot of covers, none of them even very well as in I can do the song all the way through without mistakes at a steady rhythm. I printed out some lyrics sheets last week which should be helpful. I have to play at the G next week in front of my guitar class. That's pretty scary, some of them went off in class last week. Nobody in class is a bad guitarist really. Some have been blowing off class. My plan is to have two numbers ready - First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes and I Know You Rider.

I'm in a major Beatles phase, reading all sorts of books on them and jamming their music. Their music makes me happy. Otherwise I keep on doing whatever it is that I'm doing. I love my wife and daughter so much it's sick. This may be the happiest I ever get, I'm actually really happy all the time as long as I get to spend time with my family. Anyways, back to music. I'm just going to let it take over my life, despite my dismal chances of commercial success. And I'm going to recommit myself to being a good husband and father. God I feel like praying every day for this world, I feel like we're always on the brink of some catastrophe. It would be stupid to think there won't be any struggles for the rest of my life, it will take all of my energies to navigate life successfully - I don't know why I spend so much time thinking about the past.

No comments: