Monday, February 09, 2009

Laughing as the lemming crest the cliff with eyes to the backs of their skulls.

We received some really good news yesterday - my dad had his had his CT scan last wee k, and the results came back yesterday from his oncologist - looks like his body is now free of cancer. The doctors told him that he will probably have to go t hrough chemotherapy for six months, but it's mainly a preventative measure, sinc e sometime the cancer comes back if you don't treat it. So we're all really hap py. He still has to go through chemo, and we have to watch his white blood cell count, which will be rough, but at least the cancer is gone. My parents are no w planning to go on their trip to Asia in March, too. I think N's grandma is co ming in from Michigan to help us take care of her, yesterday I heard her uncle L. was also coming down to help out.

Not a lot of time to write today. Aside from the very good news, I've been mass ively stressed out by everything lately. Thank God my wife is so understanding, as she knows about all the work and financial pressures, but I still wind up sn apping at her a lot. I have to find a way to watch that, she doesn't deserve it . Working out at the gym helps a little, but not much. Have been reading a lot , I read 3 books in the past two weeks. Been getting better at cooking, at leas t according to K. I am. Life is actually very busy but all in all I can't compl ain, I have so many blessing, I just put so much pressure on myself. Had a real ly good day yesterday taking care of N. We practiced crawling on the floor, an d I lay on the floor while she played with her blocks and we watched music docum entaries on youtube - we watched documentaries about Joy Division, Radiohead, The Smiths, and New Order. N. is going to be one cool baby.

No comments: